CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, will focus on recent advancements in the treatment of genitourinary (GU) cancer in its latest State of the Science Summit™. The program will take place on May 24 at Little America in Salt Lake City. The event will be chaired by Neeraj Agarwal, M.D., an associate professor of internal medicine, the director of the GU oncology program at the Center of Investigational Therapeutics at the Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah.
This informative meeting will discuss pressing topics, including up-front therapies for kidney cancer, updates in the management of advanced urothelial cancer and nonmetastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. The meeting will also provide updates from the American Society of Clinical Oncology GU meeting. Distinguished presenters will participate in a peer exchange discussion and answer audience questions.
Presenters for the event are:
- Petros Grivas, M.D., clinical director of the GU cancers program at University of Washington Medicine, associate professor of oncology at University of Washington School of Medicine
- Andy Hahn, M.D., internist, Salt Lake City
- Benjamin Maughan, M.D., PharmD., instructor of medical oncology at Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Brock O’ Neil, M.D., assistant professor of urology at University of Utah School of Medicine
- Sumantar (Monty) Kumar Pal, M.D., associate clinical professor of medical oncology and therapeutics research and co-director of the kidney cancer program at City of Hope in Los Angeles
- Scott Samuelson, M.D., hematology-oncologist at Intermountain Medical Center and LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City
- Evan Yu, M.D., professor of medical oncology at University of Washington School of Medicine, member of clinical research division at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, assistant fellowship director of hematology-oncology fellowship training program at University of Washington Medicine and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, clinical trials core director for GU medical oncology at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
The State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive®, featuring medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals from across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at Kcollins@curetoday.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for MJH Associates, Inc.’s Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.