CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, announces its latest State of the Science Summit™ on breast cancer. The event will take place on May 23 at the Hilton Portland Downtown in Oregon. The program will be chaired by Zahi Mitri, M.D., M.S., medical oncologist and assistant professor of medicine, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU).
This exciting educational event will feature expert speakers from the Oregon region who will delve into pressing topics that include adjuvant endocrine approaches for premenopausal women, optimal duration of adjuvant endocrine therapy in postmenopausal women and management of metastatic disease. Attendees will gain insight on latest advancements in surgical and radiation oncology and have the opportunity to ask questions during a peer exchange discussion.
Presenters for the event are:
- Alexander Denes, M.D., associate professor of medicine, School of Medicine, OHSU
- Charlotte Kubicky, M.D., Ph.D., associate professor of radiation medicine, School of Medicine, OHSU
- Arpana Naik, M.D., associate professor of surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, School of Medicine, OHSU
- David B. Page, M.D., medical oncologist, Providence Health and Services
- Michael A. Savin, M.D., clinical medical director, OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, and assistant professor of medicine, School of Medicine, OHSU
- Jacqueline Vuky, M.D., associate professor of medicine, School of Medicine, OHSU
The State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® that features medical experts from across the nation. Aiming to discuss current treatment options, each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals from across key disciplines that range from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Allison Cooper at ACooper@curetoday.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for MJH Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.