HANOVER, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GlobeNet, a wholesale provider of telecom infrastructure in the Americas, has selected Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) technology to deliver 200G wavelengths along its 23,500 km fiber optic subsea cable system across the Americas. The deployment will help GlobeNet improve its network resiliency, increase system capacity, and reduce latency.
- GlobeNet is a wholesale telecommunications company offering a variety of international data capabilities suitable for carriers and service providers looking to expand their proprietary network infrastructure.
- By implementing Ciena’s GeoMesh Extreme solution, including the 6500 Packet-Optical Platform powered by WaveLogic Ai coherent optics, GlobeNet can guarantee network availability by proactively addressing potential faults using software intelligence and automation.
- To increase the capacity and redundancy of GlobeNet’s subsea network, Ciena’s solution is configured with a Packet/OTN architecture, ensuring multi-site connectivity with 200G wavelengths to handle data growth. This added resiliency against fault scenarios provides service assurance for GlobeNet to protect the large amount of capacity carried by WaveLogic Ai. Additionally, Ciena’s Blue Planet Manage, Control, Plan (MCP) software improves network visibility through real-time software control.
“We pride ourselves on our ability to offer customers a variety of
capabilities, from carrier Ethernet services to managed colocation
environments and network virtualization. Our investment in Ciena’s
network solutions highlights our commitment to providing customers
with secure and reliable data services, even in the face of the
- Eduardo Falzoni, CEO, GlobeNet
“This deployment is a testament to our experience interconnecting the
world with open submarine networks through a combination of flexible
network solutions and support team. This resilient, cost-effective
solution will provide GlobeNet with the highest capacity available,
along with the ability to scale and create a more adaptive network.”
- Ian Clarke, Vice President, Global Submarine Systems, Ciena
GlobeNet is a wholesale telecommunications provider that connects the Americas with an integrated and comprehensive portfolio of services (Network, IP, IaaS and Security), supported by its award-winning, lowest latency, and ultra-resilient 23,500 kilometers subsea and datacenter infrastructure. With leading customer service, GlobeNet helps ensure your business is always ready for the challenges ahead.
GlobeNet is a portfolio company of BTG Pactual's Infrastructure Fund II, the recipient of 2017 Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Award – Latin American, Carrier of Carriers Services, Company of the Year, and named 2017 Best Regional Wholesale Operator at 2017 World Communication Awards. For more information about GlobeNet, please visit www.globenet.com.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.