DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Enterprise Routers Market - Segmented by Type of Connectivity (Wired, Wireless), Type of Port, Functionality, End-user Vertical (BFSI, IT & Telecom, Retail), and Region - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The enterprise routers market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.11%, during the forecast period (2018-2023). The scope of the report is limited to the type of connectivity, port, functionality, and various end-user verticals. Growth in IP traffic, transition towards cloud for data storage are a few factors driving the growth of the market, where as security and privacy concerns are inhibiting its growth rate.
IP traffic have increased five-folds during the past five years and is still increasing exponentially, driven by increasing penetration of the internet. In 2016, worldwide IP traffic exceeded 1 zettabyte and IP traffic during peak hours increased to more than 35%.
With the increase in connected devices, the IP traffic is bound to increase. Video is poised to account for the majority of all IP traffic, owing to increase in video-on-demand (VoD) services. Moreover, bring-your-own-device (BYOD) concept in organizations is also contributing its growth. So, to support this huge growth in IP traffic, routers need to be upgraded, thus growing the enterprise routers market.
Key Developments In The Market
- April 2018 - Cisco launched new series of routers - Cisco NCS 500 Series, Cisco ASR 9901 and Cisco NCS 5500 Series to cater to increased IP traffic. All these routers will be powered by Cisco IOS XR
- March 2018 - ZTE Corporation launched new ZXR10 T8000 core routers that are capable of supporting SDN backbone network traffic optimization
- Transition Towards Cloud for Data Storage
- Increasing Network Virtualization
- Rapid Growth in IP Traffic
- Security and Privacy Concerns
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Juniper Networks Inc.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Nokia Networks Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Dell Inc
- Avaya Inc
- ZTE Corporation
- Riverbed Technology Inc.
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
Key Topics Covered
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Enterprise Routers Market Segmentation
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of Enterprise Routers Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vfmkns/global_enterprise?w=4