DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Airborne ISR Market - Global Trends, Forecast and Analysis (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The growth in the airborne ISR market is driven by increased acquisitions of UAVs. Within that, segmented unmanned aerial combat vehicles will be one of the fastest growing sectors. Middle Eastern and Eastern European countries, on account of the need for better border protection and surveillance due to terrorist activities, political and religious clashes, will be one of the fastest growing regions in the air-based platforms segment.
US Air Force currently flies, MQ-9 Reaper, MQ-1 Predator, and RQ-4 Global Hawk drones remotely using US pilots to navigate from a ground control station. The new strategy expects that additional unmanned platforms and existing UAS will be engineered to perform a wider range of functions without needing human intervention - such as data analysis. US Air Force started developing the C-17 cargo planes for unmanned missions, which allows the aircraft to reach high-risk forward locations with weapons, supplies and ammunition which is expected to drive the ISR market in the cargo division.
Use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for humanitarian work in developing countries is a major area in the market which is being explored. Search and rescue, emergency mapping, figuring out population movements and mapping out damaged homes, can be done at a higher resolution and a cheaper cost than using helicopters and satellites.
- February 2018: Lockheed Martin has developed VCSi, a new control software that enables operators to simultaneously control multiple UAS and conduct ISR missions from anywhere around the globe.
- June 2017: Boeing Co's Insitu Inc and Textron Inc's AAI Corp were awarded USD 475 million contract each by the US Special Operations Command to manufacture ISR for the US army.
- June 2017: Textron Systems Unmanned Systems' Nightwarden Tactical Unmanned Aircraft System (TUAS) mades its international debut at Paris-Le Bourget Airport.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- L - 3 Communications
- Bae Sytems
- Raytheon Company
- Northrop Grumman
- UTC Aerospace
- Rockwell Collins
- Finmeccanica SpA
- Elbit Systems
Key Topics Covered
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Technology Trends
5. Market Dynamics
6. Global Airborne ISR Market Segmentation, by Type
7. Global Airborne ISR Market Segmentation, by Submarket
8. Global Airborne ISR Market Segmentation, by Geography
9. Competitive Landscape
10. Company Profiles
11. Future Outlook
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lhlpkz/global_airborne?w=4