This report has found that most carsharing organizations use station-based networks with roundtrip rental which requires users to return a vehicle to the same designated station. Free floating carsharing services reached 40,000 cars on the streets serving 5.6 million members in 2017. Free floating carsharing membership is forecasted to reach 14.3 million using roughly 102,000 vehicles by year-end 2022.
Europe and North America so far represent the vast majority of free floating carsharing members worldwide. In Europe, free floating services accounted for more than 65 percent of the carsharing membership at year-end 2017. Examples of additional markets that have introduced free floating carsharing services include Russia, China, New Zealand and Brazil.
Besides free floating carsharing schemes backed by the major car makers BMW (DriveNow) and Daimler (Car2go), some specialist CarSharing Organisations (CSOs) in Europe and North America have also started to offer this operational model. Examples of CSOs that offer free floating services include Enjoy in Italy, GreenMobility in Denmark and Evo Car Share in Canada.
Recently, BMW and Daimler announced the merger of their mobility service businesses that is anticipated to create a leading venture that includes free floating carsharing services and other shared mobility services. Daimler's Car2go was at year-end 2017 the clear market leader with close to 3.0 million members and BMW's DriveNow had at the same time more than 1.0 million members.
Highlights from this report:
- Insights from 30 executive interviews with market leading companies.
- New data on carsharing fleets and members worldwide.
- Comprehensive overview of the carsharing telematics value chain.
- In-depth analysis of market trends and key developments.
- Detailed profiles of 23 carsharing platform vendors and their propositions.
- Case studies of 50 carsharing initiatives from specialist CSOs and car OEMs.
- Market forecasts by region lasting until 2022.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Cars and personal mobility services
2 Car OEM mobility service initiatives
3 Carsharing organisations
4 Technology vendors
5 Market forecasts and trends
- Mobility Carsharing Switzerland
- GIG CarShare
- Avis Budget Group
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Enterprise CarShare
- Lotte Rental
- Green Car
- Bollor Group
- JSI Mobility
- MonGeo Connected Technology
- OTA Keys
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rv379z/carsharing?w=4