DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Wind Power Equipment Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The primary energy mix across the globe is witnessing a rising trend of shifting away from conventional fuels and incorporating more renewables. The usage of wind energy as a source of electricity generation has attracted exceptional demand across regions. In 2017, the total wind power installation capacity remained above 50 GW, with Europe and Asia-Pacific witnessing a record high. Although most of the wind energy is currently obtained onshore, offshore wind farms are gaining wide popularity as a larger resource area with low environmental impact, which, in turn, is expected to significantly increase the demand for wind power equipment market during the forecast period 2018-2023.
On the flip side, the price drop for wind energy is expected to have an adverse effect on the profit margins for the entire supply chain of the wind power equipment market.
- Europe to Hold High Demand for Equipment
- India to Register High Growth Rate
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) secured an exclusive wind turbine contract for Hornsea - II offshore wind project.
- February 2018: GE Renewable Energy secured commitments for 2.9 gigawatts (GW) of its variably rated 2.2 MW to 2.5 MW onshore wind turbine, with a 127-meter rotor in North America.
- February 2018: GE Renewables signed an agreement with ENGIE to supply 144 of its 2.5-116 turbines for the Umburanas Wind Farm Complex in Brazil.
- ABB Ltd
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA
- General Electric Company
- Nordex SE
- Vestas Wind Systems A/S
- Hitachi Ltd
- Suzlon Energy Ltd
- Enercon GmbH
- China High Speed Transmission Equipment Group Co. Ltd
- Moventas Gears Oy
- Winergy AG
- Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology Co. Ltd
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis
8. Regional Market Analysis
9. Key Company Analysis
10. Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/66zsnj/global_wind_power?w=4