DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Biofuels Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The demand for biofuel has significantly increased over the past decade by policies, such as the Renewable Energy Directive (RED) and the Fuel Quality Directive of the European Union region, which has introduced a 7% renewable energy coming from food and feed crops in the transport sector by 2020. Moreover, the ambitious mandates set by various countries to blend biofuels with conventional fuels, to lessen the dependency on fossil fuels, has further boosted the demand for biofuels across the world.
According to the blending mandates set by the US, China, and Brazil, 15-27% blend of biofuels with conventional fuel by 2020-2022. This reform is expected to drive global demand in the respective regions. Moreover, to achieve the ambitious target, countries, such as the US, Germany, France, and Italy have implemented fuel excise tax reduction to help biofuel to compete with fossil fuels. These reforms promote the use of biofuel blended with conventional fuels. In addition, low carbon energy targets and related policies are being set up to encourage the use of biofuels.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017: Abengoa has been awarded the contract for the engineering, design, construction, and commissioning of municipal solid waste (MSW)-to-biofuels plant for Fulcrum BioEnergy. The plant, located in the State of Nevada, is expected to produce 10 million gallons of biofuels per year, to be used in the aviation sector.
- June 2017: My Eco Energy (MEE) plans to sell biodiesel, marketed under the brand name of Indizel, in canisters (5, 10 & 20 liters) through the retail supply model in cities across India. The biofuel, manufactured the company, is made from recycled and waste vegetable oils & fats, and is capable of outperforming petroleum diesel in performance, emissions, mileage, price, and value.
- Abengoa Bioenergy S.A.
- Cargill Inc.
- BTG International Ltd
- Wilmar International Ltd
- Renewable Energy Group Inc.
- POET LLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- VERBIO Vereinigte BioEnergie AG
- My Eco Energy
- China Clean Energy Inc.
- CropEnergies AG
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter Five Forces Analysis
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis
8. Regional Market Analysis
9. Key Company Profiles
10. Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gjnsqj/global_biofuels?w=4