DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Plastics and Polymers Global Market Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Plastics and Polymers Global Market Briefing 2018 provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global plastics and polymers market.
The bio-based plastic is gaining prominence among the users and manufacturers recently. Bio-based plastics have a very high degree of recyclable potential and are made from renewable or non-petroleum raw materials. Cost optimization is made up of driving the demand for bio based plastics. Industries such as the packaging industry have been leading the adoption of the bio-based plastics for processed food packaging.
Asia-Pacific was the largest region in the plastics and polymers market in 2017, accounting for 38.3% share in the market. Asia-Pacific's packaging industry accounts for about 40% of global packaging industry, which results in a large market size.
Western Europe was the second largest region in the plastics and polymers market in 2017, accounting for 21.2% share in the market. This can be attributed to high levels of consumer awareness and maturity in the region, which allows polymers to be used extensively in daily use products such as waste bags and loose-fill packaging materials. Middle East was the smallest region in the plastics and polymers market in 2017, accounting for 4.0% share in the market.
- Markets Covered: Nylon, Polyester and Synthetic Fibers; Polyethylene; Polypropylene; Polyurethane; Rubber; Bioplastics; Expandable Polystyrene; Polystyrene; Polycarbonate; ABS.
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- BASF SeIneos
- Borealis Group
- Covestro AG
- DowDupont Inc.
- Huntsman Corporation
- LG ChemTotal SA
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nvgd8n/global_plastics?w=4