The Olefins Global Market Briefing 2018 provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global olefins market.
Olefins are some of the most important building blocks or raw materials for several key chemical products and intermediates. Olefins are mainly produced by cracking of crude oil, naphtha or natural gas. Olefins are used to manufacture several key plastics, polymers and resins such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene. Examples of olefins include, ethylene, propylene and butadiene.
Asia-Pacific was the largest region in the olefins market in 2017, accounting for 39.3% share in the market. This was due to growth in olefin cracking plants in China, India and Southeast Asian nations.
North America was the second largest region in the olefins market in 2017, accounting for 20.7% share in the market. This can be attributed to a presence of large number of steam cracking plants in the region. Continuous efforts to improve plant efficiency resulted in higher output than before, was also a contributing factor. Also, with the advent of shale gas extraction in large quantities, thus making the feedstock for cracking plants cheaper. Middle East was the smallest region in the olefins market in 2017, accounting for 4.0% share in the market.
Rising Adoption Of RDR (Roto Dynamic Reactor) Technology
Companies have started using Roto Dynamic Reactor Technology due to its energy efficiency. This is an innovative olefin cracking technology invented in 2017 and improves the olefin production with lesser energy consumption. This hydrocarbon cracking method based technology, saves non-renewable resources and reduces impurity generation from ethylene cracking.
This technology is developed and patented by Coolbrook Oy in collaboration with Neste Jacobs, University of Cambridge's Whittle laboratory, University of Oxford's Osney Thermo Fluids laboratory, MANTurbo and Dow Chemicals.
- Markets Covered: Ethylene; Propylene; Butylene; Butadiene
- Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific, North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa.
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- ExxonMobil Chemical Company
- Ineos Holdings Luxembourg S.A.
- National Petrochemical Company
- Royal Dutch Shell plc China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec)
- Saudi Industries Corporation (SABIC) DowDuPont Inc.
- Total SA Chevron Phillips Chemical LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m8trx9/global_olefins?w=4