CAMDEN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) was recognized today as a top 100 corporate citizen by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the 9th consecutive year.
Campbell ranked No. 12 among all large-cap Russell 1000 companies in the magazine’s annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens List, which is regarded as a top corporate responsibility ranking.
To arrive at the ranking, Corporate Responsibility Magazine analyzes 260 environmental, social and governance (ESG) data points of disclosure and performance across seven categories: environment, climate change, employee relations, human rights, governance, finance, and philanthropy and community support.
“We are proud of our longevity as one of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens in the United States. Our commitment to sustainability and social impact is anchored in our Purpose, Real food that matters for life’s moments,” said Dave Stangis, Campbell’s Vice President of Corporate Responsibility and Chief Sustainability Officer. “Campbell’s transparency efforts continue to build trust and credibility among our key stakeholders.”
Companies listed on the Russell 1000 are evaluated using publicly available records from their websites, annual reports, shareholder calls, media interviews, NGOs and government documents.
Campbell’s recent corporate responsibility achievements include:
- Reduced GHG emissions intensity by 39 percent, energy intensity by 25 percent, and water intensity by 36 percent since fiscal 2008
- Installed a 4.4 MW solar array at Campbell’s World Headquarters in Camden, N.J.
- Set a goal to cut food waste in half by fiscal 2030
- Delivered over 15.7 billion servings of vegetables globally in fiscal 2017
- Contributed $61.9 million in global giving and 12,200 volunteer hours in fiscal 2017
- Launched new Responsible Sourcing goals to advance farm to fork traceability, supplier diversity and human rights in fiscal 2017
- Set new aggressive goals to reduce water, GHG emissions and waste to landfill in fiscal 2017
- Named the Most Reputable Company in the U.S. by Reputation Institute in 2018
Campbell’s Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability mission is to lead the food industry in food that is ethically and sustainably grown, sourced, produced and shared. To learn more visit www.campbellcsr.com.
About Campbell Soup Company
Campbell (NYSE:CPB) is driven and inspired by our Purpose, “Real food that matters for life’s moments.” We make a range of high-quality soups and simple meals, beverages, snacks and packaged fresh foods. For generations, people have trusted Campbell to provide authentic, flavorful and readily available foods and beverages that connect them to each other, to warm memories and to what’s important today. Led by our iconic Campbell’s brand, our portfolio includes Pepperidge Farm, Bolthouse Farms, Arnott’s, V8, Swanson, Pace, Prego, Plum, Royal Dansk, Kjeldsens, Garden Fresh Gourmet, Pacific Foods, Snyder's of Hanover, Lance, Kettle Brand, KETTLE Chips, Cape Cod, Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps, Pop Secret, Emerald, Late July and other brand names. Founded in 1869, Campbell has a heritage of giving back and acting as a good steward of the planet’s natural resources. The company is a member of the Standard & Poor’s 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. For more information, visit www.campbellsoupcompany.com or follow company news on Twitter via @CampbellSoupCo. To learn more about how we make our food and the choices behind the ingredients we use, visit www.whatsinmyfood.com.