Global fuel ethanol production kept increasing from year to year to 26,584m of gallons in 2016. Since 2011, ethanol supply has been largely led by the US and Brazil. The US and Brazil accounted for 85% of global ethanol production, in 2016. Output in the rest of the world grew rapidly although not significantly from 2011 to 2016, one third of which came from Europe.
Biofuels policies and regulations:
- To date, 192 countries and governmental entities have ratified the Kyoto Protocol, representing over 60% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
- In 2017, President Donald Trump stated that the RFS has reenergized rural America. The 300 biorefineries operating across the country today support hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs, reduce foreign oil dependence and keep fuel prices down.
- India had a 20% biofuels mandate by 2017, which was missed.
- European Parliament voted to cap crop-based biofuels at 2017 levels brought in by a last minute amendment submitted by three key party groups on the day of the vote.
Market sizing and growth, Future market and economic prospects for biofuel:
- Worldwide production of bioethanol and biodiesel reached 98.3bn litres and 30.1bn litres in 2015, respectively.
- While biofuels accounted for just 1% of total fuel production in 2016, the biofuels market is predicted to grow significantly in the medium to long-term. For example, some forecasts estimate that biofuels could replace 10% of the global demand for transport fuels by 2025.
- Global fuel ethanol production kept increasing from year to year to 26,584m of gallons in 2016.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Biofuels, The Biofuel Resource And The Growth Of Biofuels
Chapter 2 Biofuel Technologies And Technology Trends
Chapter 3 The Economics Of Biofuels
Chapter 4 Biofuels Drivers And Inhibitors
Chapter 5 Biofuels Policies And Regulations
Chapter 6 Market Sizing And Growth, Future Market And Economic Prospects For Biofuel
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vmzzms/global_biofuels?w=4