LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Virtustream, the enterprise-class cloud company and a Dell Technologies business, today launched the next generation of Virtustream® Viewtrust, its risk management and continuous compliance monitoring solution. With this release, Virtustream evolves its ability to extend secure compliance and risk management capabilities to the cloud, providing customers from both the enterprise and public sector with comprehensive insight into their risk and compliance posture across physical and cloud environments, whether private, public, or hybrid.
The world of enterprise information security, risk management, and regulatory compliance continues to grow more complex, virtualized, and distributed. To address the changing landscape, a recent Thomson Reuters survey revealed, “it is no longer sufficient to simply throw more and more resources at risk and compliance — firms are now seeking targeted risk management outcomes by utilizing technology and specific value-add compliance skills.” With Virtustream Viewtrust, customers have a near real-time view of their entire compliance posture, continuous monitoring, and automated risk analysis based on customized threat and impact values. This enables organizations to assess and address issues in a proactive, efficient, repeatable, and consistent manner across the entire business.
“IT infrastructure is rapidly changing, which creates an urgent need for real-time compliance monitoring that can scale and adapt to dynamic, hybrid cloud environments,” said Peter Cutts, SVP, portfolio management and strategy at Virtustream. “With this release of Virtustream Viewtrust, customers can rest assured their risk and compliance monitoring will keep pace with digital business. This new SaaS option also ensures customers have access to cutting-edge features and functionality that update automatically without interrupting their business, and when paired with other Virtustream solutions, such as Virtustream Enterprise Cloud, creates a powerful and flexible platform to gain competitive advantage, propel innovation, and advance key business objectives.”
Major public sector agencies and global enterprises rely on Virtustream Viewtrust to protect their systems and customers from persistent and evolving cyber threats. Available as an on-premises software deployment, self-service SaaS, or managed service model, the benefits of Virtustream Viewtrust include:
- Reduced cost and complexity of managing extensive compliance regulations. Virtustream Viewtrust continuously monitors the IT landscape, identifies potential risks to enable proactive remediation, and delivers reports and associated artifacts necessary to address regulatory oversight. Additionally, it meets industry compliance requirements such as FISMA, SOX, PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO 27001, FedRAMP and more, in addition to adhering to GDPR requirements and custom user-defined compliance frameworks.
- Continuous monitoring of risk in spite of ever-increasing volumes of data. Viewtrust provides a scalable platform for ingesting, collecting, storing, and processing sensor data such as vulnerability scans, configuration scans, logs, and policies. Virtustream Viewtrust employs risk-scoring algorithms to compute risk based on asset, system, geo-location and mission criticality, ensuring that regulatory compliance control requirements are met through automated risk mitigation workflows. All information is stored in a central dashboard for end users and project management leaders’ compliance reporting needs.
- A singular, automated 360° operational view of enterprise risk and compliance. Virtustream Viewtrust automates compliance and reduces the overall cost of managing risk. The solution orchestrates a true 360° enterprise risk view by integrating reporting data from virtually any collection of existing systems, empowering enterprises with comprehensive insight into their risk and compliance posture across physical and cloud environments, whether private, public, or hybrid.
- Built-in audit package document generation and management capabilities. Viewtrust provides numerous preformatted templates designed to align with industry requirements for auditing and compliance. Workflow-based automation manages the complete audit package lifecycle, from initiation to validation to certification and accreditation. Templates can also be customized to exact client specifications to create comprehensive risk management reports to meet unique regulatory and enterprise needs.
- Integration with DISA eMASS. Viewtrust integrates directly with the US Government’s Defense Information Systems Agency’s (DISA) Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) application, enabling Information Assurance (IA) teams to automate the publication of compliance statements, assessments, artifacts, and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) into eMASS. Viewtrust automation significantly reduces the time spent completing steps three and four of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF), and thus significantly reduces the time spent documenting the compliance requirements of federal agencies.
To learn more about how Virtustream transforms IT, click on the following links:
- Virtustream Healthcare Cloud
- Virtustream Enterprise Cloud
- Virtustream Federal Cloud
- Virtustream Storage Cloud
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, the Virtustream xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency, and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
*Virtustream and xStream are trademarks of Virtustream, Inc. All other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.