SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW) today announced that it has been positioned as a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise High-Productivity Application Platform as a Service1.
The Now Platform is used by business analysts and professional developers at the world’s largest companies to accelerate their digital transformation initiatives. Customers recognize the Now Platform for the following:
- Sophistication and maturity of enterprise-wide workflow, the bedrock of digital transformation
- Advanced features such as chatbots, AI and mobile
- A large partner ecosystem and a rapidly growing developer program
“ServiceNow was founded as a platform company with a very simple idea: to make work easier, and that’s what we’re doing,” said Josh Kahn, general manager, Platform business unit, ServiceNow. “We feel that our positioning as a Leader in this Magic Quadrant is consistent with our customers’ ability to create and deploy intelligent apps on our platform. In our view, digital transformation requires great employee and customer experiences to make the world of work, work better for people.”
A complimentary copy of the complete report is available here.
New Innovations Delivered in Now Platform: Flow Designer and IntegrationHub
With Flow Designer, non-traditional application developers, business analysts and IT generalists can create codeless workflows, or flows, using a new natural language environment and intuitive user interface. This enables these flow builders to focus on the business outcome, rather than coding.
“Developers build amazing innovations on the Now Platform,” Kahn said. “These new capabilities make it easier for everyone to create powerful, cross-enterprise workflows.”
IntegrationHub is ServiceNow's premier framework for building codeless integrations, enabling enterprises to integrate ServiceNow applications and processes with 3rd-party systems. Its unique approach can run in the cloud or on-premises, which expedites integration setup time while reducing complexity and the technical debt typically associated with integrations.
Integration connectors allow for simple reuse to connect a library with out-of-the-box content available in London release including; Collaboration services such as Slack, Microsoft Teams and HipChat; Identity management systems such as AD and Azure AD; DevOps systems such as Jira and Jenkins; and Digital Signature systems such as DocuSign. Developers can quickly build new content to enable process analysts to easily integrate with external systems without writing code.
A Comprehensive Platform
ServiceNow is one of the industry's most comprehensive enterprise software platforms. This means it offers a broad array of world-class capabilities in a single platform – not a set of disparate solutions in the cloud -- including:
- No, low and pro code development tools – Tooling for everyone to build applications as they would like on the platform from Flow Designer to ServiceNow Studio.
- Cross-organizational workflow and BPM capabilities - Quickly build and deliver case management, operations management or service management solutions in days not months or years.
- Integration and API tools – Native Now Platform integration capabilities make it easier for organizations to connect 3rd party systems and data.
- A portfolio of ServiceNow packaged applications for IT, security operations, customer service management, human resources service delivery and Now certified partner-built Store applications.
- Intelligent automation -- Machine-learning capabilities are infused directly into the Now Platform and are accessible to all ServiceNow cloud services and other applications built on ServiceNow. Agent Intelligence helps customers more quickly route work and easily provide self-service and multi-step problem resolution.
- Mobile, portal and more -- Native mobile capabilities have been enhanced with the acquisition of SkyGiraffe, which is now being re-platformed into the Now Platform. ServiceNow customers can easily deliver consumer-like mobile experiences for any application built on the Now Platform, unleashing greater productivity and convenience for employees who want to work mobile-first, anytime, anywhere.
For more on ServiceNow’s comprehensive platform vision, please visit this blog by Josh Kahn.
Tweet this: #ServiceNow named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise High-Productivity Application #PaaS. Get the report: http://bit.ly/2Fuh0Ho
A Gartner Magic Quadrant is a culmination of research in a specific market, giving you a wide-angle view of the relative positions of the market's competitors. By applying a graphical treatment and a uniform set of evaluation criteria, a Magic Quadrant helps you quickly ascertain how well technology providers are executing their stated visions and how well they are performing against Gartner's market view.*Gartner Research Methodologies, http://www.gartner.com/technology/research/methodologies/research_mq.jsp
1 Gartner, ‘Magic Quadrant for Enterprise High-Productivity Application Platform as a Service,’ by Paul Vincent, Van L. Baker, Yefim V. Natis, Kimihiko Iijima, Mark Driver, Rob Dunie, Jason Wong, Aashish Gupta, April 26, 2018.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
ServiceNow makes work better across the enterprise. Getting simple stuff done at work can be easy, and getting complex multi-step tasks completed can be painless. Our applications automate, predict, digitize and optimize business processes and tasks, across IT, customer service, security operations and HR service delivery, creating a better experience for your employees and customers while transforming your enterprise. ServiceNow (NYSE:NOW) is how work gets done. For more information, visit www.servicenow.com.
© 2018 ServiceNow, Inc. All rights reserved. ServiceNow, the ServiceNow logo, Now, and other ServiceNow marks are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ServiceNow, Inc., in the United States and/or other countries. Other company names, product names, and logos may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.