CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the leading provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, will host the latest State of the Science Summit™ on gastrointestinal malignancies on May 9 at 5:30 p.m. at the W Scottsdale in Arizona. The program will be chaired by Tanios S. Bekaii-Saab, M.D., senior associate consultant, division of hematology/oncology, department of internal medicine, professor of medicine, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center of Arizona.
This educational event will feature renowned practitioners and researchers from Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Indiana University Simon Cancer Center. The presenters will discuss pressing topics including gastric cancer, metastatic colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer in early-stage, pancreatic cancer as an advanced disease and neuroendocrine tumors. Latest developments in treatment and management of liver cancer will also be discussed. The faculty will also participate in a peer-exchange discussion and address audience questions.
Presenters for the event are:
- Daniel H. Ahn, D.O., medical oncologist, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center of Arizona
- Mitesh J. Borad, M.D., consultant, division of hematology/oncology, department of internal medicine, consultant, department of molecular medicine, associate professor of medicine, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center of Arizona
- Axel Grothey, M.D., consultant, division of hematology/oncology, department of internal medicine, chair division of hematology/oncology, department of internal medicine, professor of oncology, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center of Arizona
- Bert H. O’Neil, M.D., Joseph W. and Jackie J. Cusick Professor of Oncology, professor, department of medicine, division of hematology/oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Phase I director, co-leader, developmental therapeutics program, Indiana University Simon Cancer Center
- Ramesh K. Ramanathan, M.D., director, GI Medical Oncology Program, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, director, GI medical oncology program, Mayo Clinic, executive committee member, pancreatic cancer research team, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center of Arizona
The State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® that features medical experts from across the nation. Aiming to discuss current treatment options, each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals from across key disciplines that range from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Allison Cooper at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for MJH Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates, Inc., is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.