Software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV) promise to rewrite the rules of network design, engineering, configuration and management. Their impact is being felt across the stakeholder spectrum from OEMs to telecom operators. The number of companies associated with NFV and SDN is already in three digits.
Telcos are cautiously optimistic that NFV and SDN will facilitate their ascent into services and solutions with better profitability potential. NFV and SDN also democratize the network equipment manufacturing landscape to an extent, by opening the door wider for ISVs. Predictably, network equipment OEMs are proactively attempting to embellish their portfolios with NFV and SDN offerings.
This report will answer the following questions in the context of NFV and SDN:
- What are the direct and indirect revenue opportunities?
- How large is the NFV market? What are its hardware, software and service components?
- How large is the SDN market? What are its hardware, software and service components?
- What are the key geographical trends to look out for?
- Who are thought leaders? How do they influence implementation methodologies?
- Who are the key players? What are their initiatives and the implications of these initiatives?
- How similar are they, and how different? What are the motivations behind their development? Who are their principal champions?
Key Topics Covered
1 Executive Summary
2 Software-Defined Networking
3 Network Functions Virtualization
4 Solution Provider Profiles
- Affirmed Networks
- Barefoot Networks
- Cisco Systems
- Linux Foundation
- Wind River
5 Telco Profiles
- China Mobile
- China Telecom
- Saudi Telecom
- SK Telecom
- Sprint Corporation
- Veon VimpelCom
6 Quantitative Forecasts
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n9ksf7/sdn_and_nfv_the?w=4