DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Epiomic Epidemiology Series: Autism Spectrum Disorders Forecast In 22 Major Markets 2018-2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) or Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) defines a group of developmental disability disorders. These disorders include: Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS), Asperger syndrome, Rett syndrome and Childhood Disintegrative Disorder (CDD). The latter two are very rare and often absent from studies, and therefore not covered by this report.
Attributes of these disorders can be grouped into three areas: communication difficulties, repetitive and stereotyped behaviour, and social impairment. ASD is collectively called a wide-spectrum disorder due to the wide variation of symptoms which can occur in any given patient. The nature of these symptoms and their life-long duration constitute a serious burden to both the patients and their families, often limiting career prospects and personal life success.
This report provides the current prevalent population for autism spectrum disorders across 22 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, Singapore, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. In addition to the current prevalence, the report provides an overview of the risk factors, diagnosis and prognosis of the disease, along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the publisher's analysis team, several features of autism spectrum disorder patients, as well as the main symptoms and comorbidities of the disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities of autism spectrum disorders include:
- Epilepsy (especially in ASD with intellectual disability)
- GI problems
- Restless Sleep
- Motor function / co-ordination problems
Key Topics Covered:
- Cause Of The Disease
- Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diagnosis Of The Disease
- Variation By Geography/Ethnicity
- Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
- Key Comorbid Conditions / Features Associated With The Disease
- Methodology For Quantification Of Patient Numbers
- Top-Line Prevalence For Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Features Of Autism Spectrum Disorder Patients
- Comorbidities Of Autism Spectrum Disorders Patients
- Abbreviations Used In The Report
- Other Black Swan Services & Solutions
- Reports & Publications
- Online Epidemiology Databases
- Online Pharmaceutical Pricing Database
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p2x7h2/epidemiology?w=4