DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Excentus, (www.excentus.com) a leading loyalty marketing and technology firm recently acquired by PDI Software, has released new data that gives convenience retail operators a clear view into the mindsets and motivations of c-store shoppers, with insights on how to build and keep a loyal customer base, and drive greater in-store sales.
“The C-Store Shopper Profile” examines the interests and behaviors of over 1,000 American consumers through data gathered from a recent Excentus-Ipsos survey. The “C-Store Shopper Profile” provides a holistic view of convenience retailers’ core customers: who they are, what drives them, what they value, and most importantly, what makes them loyal to one c-store brand over another. The report also looks at how personalized offers and rewards currencies can incentivize and change shopper behaviors.
“The convenience retail marketplace is fiercely competitive, and there is no greater advantage you can gain as a c-store operator than understanding your customers and how their behaviors impact your bottom line,” said Brandon Logsdon, president of Excentus. “Our C-Store Shopper Profile provides convenience retailers with a single source of data they can use to improve their business—from attracting more customers into the store, to knowing how best to engage with each member to increase frequency and spend.”
“The C-Store Shopper Profile” provides convenience retailers with insights on:
- Loyalty shopper demographics that can inform a c-store’s revenue and business strategy, including gender, age, marital status, education, income, and in-store spend
- The top reasons why customers choose to shop at a specific convenience store
- The factors that influence shopping behaviors and decisions on where customers shop
- Incentives convenience retail operators should consider offering, and the platforms through which they should offer them
The data also highlights the role loyalty programs play in motivating shoppers across demographics:
- 73% of shoppers will shop more frequently (51%) or even exclusively (22%) at the convenience store where they are a loyalty member
- One out of every two loyalty shoppers (51%) are influenced by their loyalty program to make a purchase in addition to gas. This is slightly higher in males (60%) and people with children (59%)
- Customers who shop exclusively at the c-store where they are a loyalty member tend to be male (32% versus 11% female), 18-34 (30%) and have children
- Two out of five loyalty shoppers will spend more than $10 per c-store visit
“Loyalty has become an integral part of the decision-making process for c-store customers, and the convenience retailers who leverage this data into their loyalty program strategy, and create rewards experiences that appeal to their customers’ behaviors and preferences, will be most successful in the years to come,” Logsdon continued.
Download “The C-Store Shopper Profile” to view the full report.
For more information about “The C-Store Shopper Profile” report or to speak with Brandon Logsdon, please contact Vanessa Horwell at firstname.lastname@example.org (305-749-5342 ext. 232) or Emily Bowe at email@example.com (305-749-5342 ext. 246). For more information about Excentus, please visit www.excentus.com.
Excentus Corporation™, A PDI Company
Excentus, a leading loyalty marketing and technology firm specializing in the design, development and implementation of loyalty programs, was acquired by PDI in 2018 to expand PDI’s retail enterprise software portfolio, helping convenience store retailers and petroleum wholesale marketers thrive in a digital economy. Excentus offers a scalable, cloud-based platform to manage, measure, and monetize fuels-based loyalty programs. Drawing on the success of Excentus’ owned and operated Fuel Rewards® program, which has grown to more than 14.5 million members and over $1 billion in fuel purchases, Excentus serves national and regional brands, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) manufacturers, grocery chains, convenience retailers and their customers. Over 1,200 customers operating more than 100,000 locations trust PDI to optimize their entire operations—now including loyalty—whether they are a single site, multi-site, dealer or franchise operator. To learn more about Excentus visit www.excentus.com and for more information about PDI visit www.pdisoftware.com.
Ipsos is the world’s third largest survey research firm with offices in 56 countries. In North America, Ipsos consists of 1,500 research professionals across 30 locations in the U.S. and Canada. Both the Ipsos survey invitation list and the returned data are weighted to reflect the demographic composition of the U.S. adult population. www.ipsos-na.com