LIMA, Peru--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cementos Pacasmayo S.A.A. and subsidiaries (NYSE: CPAC; BVL: CPACASC1) (“the Company” or “Pacasmayo”) a leading cement company serving the Peruvian construction industry, announced today its consolidated results for the first quarter (“1Q18”) ended March 31, 2018. These results have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and are stated in nominal Peruvian Soles (S/).
1Q18 Financial and Operational Highlights:
(All comparisons are to 1Q17, unless otherwise stated)
- Sales volume of cement, concrete and blocks increased 7.8% primarily due to increased sales volume of cement to the public sector and self-construction segment.
- Revenues increased 12.8% primarily due to the increase in volume described above as well as an increase in the average price of cement.
- Net income of S/29.8 million, a 37.3% increase mainly due to higher sales and operating profit.
- Consolidated EBITDA of S/94.3 million; a 14.4% increase compared to 1Q17.
- Cement EBITDA margin of 30.0%. Excluding one-off expenses related to the repair of La Niña highway, Cement EBITDA margin would have been 31.6%.
- Gross margin of 38.2%, a 2.0 percentage point decrease mainly due to higher transportation costs due to damages to road infrastructure from El Niño and a slight increase in the price of coal.
For a full version of Cementos Pacasmayo’s First Quarter 2018 Earnings Release, please visit http://investors.cementospacasmayo.com.pe.
CONFERENCE CALL INFORMATION:
Cementos Pacasmayo will host a conference call on Wednesday, April 25, 2018, to discuss these results at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time / 10:00 a.m. Lima Time.
To access the call, please dial:
+1 (877) 407-0782 (From within the U.S.)
+1 (201) 689-8567 (From outside the U.S.)
There will also be a live Audio Webcast of the event at:
About Cementos Pacasmayo S.A.A.
Cementos Pacasmayo S.A.A. is a cement company, located in the Northern region of Peru. In February 2012, the Company’s shares were listed on The New York Stock Exchange - Euronext under the ticker symbol "CPAC". With more than 60 years of operating history, the Company produces, distributes and sells cement and cement-related materials, such as concrete blocks and ready-mix concrete. Pacasmayo’s products are primarily used in construction, which has been one of the fastest-growing segments of the Peruvian economy in recent years. The Company also produces and sells quicklime for use in mining operations.
For more information, please visit: http://www.cementospacasmayo.com.pe/investors