CULVER CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After practicing insurance law for over five decades, Barry Zalma, Esq., CFE, an internationally recognized and award-winning insurance expert and author, is releasing multiple education books on Amazon.com. Designed to inform claims people, special investigation unit investigators, and insurance defense and coverage lawyers on insurance claims and insurance fraud, the publications leverage key insights and learnings from his 50+ years of practical experience as a claims person and insurance coverage attorney.
Shared Zalma, “To be an insurance professional requires continuous learning. That’s the motivation behind my writing; I have felt a need to share my experiences to help claims personnel, SIU investigators and claims counsel learn how to properly and thoroughly investigate insurance claims and avoid accusations that they committed the tort of bad faith.”
To view all publications that can be purchased through Amazon as Paperback and Kindle e-books, visit Zalma’s author page or zalma.com/zalma-books/. A selection of the insurance resources available include:
- Insurance Fraud & Weapons to Defeat Insurance Fraud, Volume 1 & Volume 2, including full text insurance fraud decisions from the courts of appeal
- The Compact Book on Adjusting Liability Claims, a handbook for the liability claims adjuster
- The Compact Book on Adjusting Property Claims, a basic manual for the first party property claims adjuster
- Ethics for the Insurance Professional, the necessity of ethical behavior in the insurance business
- Rescission of Insurance, what is needed to rescind an insurance policy, including full text appellate decisions regarding rescission
- The Insurance Examination Under Oath, covering who, when, where, why and how to take an examination under oath
- “Random Thoughts on Insurance Volume V: Digests from Barry Zalma’s Blog: ‘Zalma on Insurance'”
Books by Zalma are also available from the American Bar Association and the National Underwriter Company. In addition to his library of education books, Zalma has also released a series of novels and true crime stories on Amazon, including Heads I Win, Tails You Lose, a collection of more than 80 fictionalized stories based on fraudulent claims he investigated as counsel to multiple insurers.
A huge proponent of insurance education, Zalma has also published numerous articles, blogs, white papers, webinars and education courses on a myriad of topics impacting insurance practitioners. Examples of this work include his blogs, Zalma on Insurance and Zalma’s Insurance 101 and webinars on Illumeo.com. As a recognition to his achievements, Zalma received Claims Magazine/ACE Legend Award in 2016, honoring a lifetime of insurance education.
About Barry Zalma
Barry Zalma. Esq., CFE, Consultant, assists his clients to resolve any insurance problem faced by lawyers representing insurers, lawyers representing policyholders, insurance claims management, insurance claims personnel, and those they seek to serve. The experience and skill of Mr. Zalma as a consultant and expert witness can make the difference before a jury, other trier of fact, or mediator. Mr. Zalma has served the insurance industry for more than 50 years as a claims person and insurance coverage attorney. He has represented insurers, advised insurers on claims handling, interpreted coverages, written insurance policy wordings, and testified as an insurance coverage, insurance bad faith, insurance claims handling and insurance fraud expert on behalf of insurers and policyholders. He now limits his practice to consultation and acting as an expert witness. Visit www.zalma.com to learn more.