NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A team of veteran communications professionals with extensive experience counseling many of the world’s leading financial institutions has launched a new public relations consultancy, Profile Advisors (“Profile”). The firm is led by Rich Myers, who spent the past six years building and running the Financial Communications & Capital Markets practice at Edelman in New York City. Manhattan-based Profile is dedicated to working with clientele across the global capital markets and financial sector to drive brand building, reputation management and strategic communications programs.
Profile is a standalone subsidiary and sister firm of Prosek Partners, a leading independent communications agency with a global footprint that includes offices in New York, Connecticut, Boston, Los Angeles and London.
Profile’s core focus is serving as a high-touch partner to clients seeking to build and protect their brands on a day-to-day basis and, whenever necessary, control the dialogue during special situations. The firm’s capabilities include managing traditional media strategies, developing compelling content, running digital and social engagement programs, creating impactful public appearances, and advising clients on how to effectively communicate with their investors and stakeholders.
“We see a clear opportunity to disrupt the landscape of financial media relations boutiques that have historically just played defense for their clients,” said Rich Myers, Managing Partner. “Every client now needs their own proactive game plan to control how they are perceived, especially against the backdrop of today’s rapidly changing traditional and social media environments. Profile is helping clients successfully navigate – and capitalize on – these new realities by providing boutique-level counsel and industry expertise along with the full-service capabilities required to succeed in today’s always-on, digital-first world.”
The firm’s primary areas of practice span:
- Capital Markets Positioning – Working with asset managers, hedge funds, private equity firms, investments banks, trading entities and financial institutions on programs that span proactive media relations, institutional investor and consultant relations, conferences, thought leadership, and digital and social programs.
- Executive Positioning – Advising founders, business leaders and c-level executives on the strategies, topics, venues and presentation techniques that will burnish their reputations with key audiences and enhance their online footprints.
- Crisis Communications – Managing programs for a range of financial companies and market participants facing cyber-related issues, employment disputes, executive transitions, litigation, and both media concerns and investor base challenges.
- Regulatory Issues Management – Helping firms navigate the business and reputational implications of legislative developments, regulatory examinations enforcement actions, and legal proceedings that involve agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Commodities Future Trading Commission (CFTC).
- Special Situations – Working with traditional and alternative asset managers on activist campaigns, distressed investment positions, transactions and other portfolio issues.
Profile launches with a team of experienced leaders and talented associates with backgrounds in government, finance, law, journalism and public relations. The firm’s co-founders include:
- Rich Myers – Mr. Myers joins Profile as its Managing Partner after leading Edelman’s Financial Communications & Capital Markets practice in New York City and growing it into a 35-person national operation. He has advised many of the world’s leading firms across the asset management, hedge fund, private equity, professional trading and investment banking industries. Previously, he held senior roles at Nasdaq, the Chicago Board of Trade, Liquidnet, the U.S. Treasury Department and on Capitol Hill in Washington.
- Russell Nuce – Mr. Nuce joins Profile as its Senior Director and Chief Operating Officer. With a background in law and corporate strategy, Russell advises clients on brand positioning, investor communications, and crisis and risk mitigation strategies. He also brings unique experience based on his work on both sides of past activist and corporate governance matters. Mr. Nuce was previously Chief Strategy Officer at Evine Live (NASDAQ: EVLV) and held senior roles at several corporates entities. He began his career with Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy.
- Greg Marose – Mr. Marose joins as a Director. He brings deep experience advising investment managers and financial institutions on corporate positioning, strategic media relations, investor communications and special situations. His crisis background includes work on high-profile bankruptcies and restructurings, investor activism mandates, litigation situations and complex regulatory enforcement matters. He began his career in Washington, D.C. before joining the New York offices of Edelman and Sloane & Company.
For more additional information about Profile, visit www.profileadvisors.com.