DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Light Weapons Market: Focus on Weapon Type and End-User- Analysis and Forecast 2017 to 2021" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The increasing land disputes across the borders, rise in conflicts, and terrorism activities and rising defense spending are the factors for the growth of the global light weapons market. Furthermore, low cost, lethality, portability, and simplicity of weapons have increased their adoption in armed forces as well as civilians.
The demand for light weapons has experienced a significant rise in the recent years, and the trend is anticipated to continue in the future, owing to the changing nature of warfare and growing conflicts across the globe. The rise in demand of light weapons across emerging nations and military modernization programs are expected to open several new opportunities for light weapons market in the years to come.
The light weapons market accounted for a market value of $10.21 billion in 2016, with military end-user holding the highest share.
The Anti-Tank Guided Weapons (ATGWs) market accounts for a large share in overall revenue generated. The high share of ATGW is mainly attributed to the growing need for the guided weapons across defense agencies. During the forecast period, the grenade launchers market is expected to grow at a faster rate in comparison with other types.
- The study talks about the prime supply side factors affecting the growth of the market along with the current, and future trends in the light weapons market
- The study also presents a detailed assessment of the light weapons market along with market drivers, challenges, and growth opportunities
- The report also highlights the value chain of the overall light weapons industry
- A detailed competitive analysis has been included in this report which focuses on the key market developments & strategies followed by the major players in the market.
- The light weapons market is also analyzed into different types such as anti-tank guided weapons (ATGW), anti-aircraft missile, rocket launchers, man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS), heavy machine guns, light cannons, recoilless rifles, grenade launchers, mortars, grenades, and rocket propelled grenades.
- In this report, various end-users of the light weapons market have also been studied. The end-users include military and homeland security.
- The key market players are analyzed and profiled in detail in the Company Profiles section of the report. This section covers the business financials, company snapshots, key products & services, major developments, and finally, the individual SWOT analysis.
Key Topics Covered
1 Research Scope & Methodology
2 Market Dynamics
3 Competitive Insights
4 Industry Analysis
5 Global Light Weapons Market, 2017-2021
6 Global Light Weapons Market by Type
7 Global Light Weapons Market by End-User
8 Global Light Weapons Market by Region
9 Company Profiles
- BAE Systems
- Elbit Systems
- FN Herstal
- General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
- Heckler & Koch GmbH
- Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI)
- Leonardo S.p.A
- Lockheed Martin
- Orbital ATK, Inc.
- Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.
- Raytheon Inc.
- Rheinmetall Group
- Saab AB
- Textron Systems
- Thales Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7nl9pm/global_light?w=4