MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FireEye, Inc. (NASDAQ: FEYE), the intelligence-led security company, today announced wide-ranging updates to FireEye® Email Security, based on analysis of the techniques and tools deployed in real-world attacks. FireEye Email Security is designed to protect customers from a wide range of email-based attacks – from commodity malware to the most sophisticated threats.
Every day, FireEye is on the forefront of cyber attacks, conducting investigations, gathering intelligence, and tracking adversaries. FireEye product teams build solutions based on this knowledge, and frontline experts further refine these solutions in real-world situations. Through this unique, continuous innovation cycle, FireEye customers worldwide keep pace with adversaries and emerging threats.
“Email remains one of the most challenging entry points for organizations to defend as attackers shift and develop new techniques to evade defenses,” said Ken Bagnall, vice president of email security product management at FireEye. “What’s different at FireEye is that we know how the most sophisticated adversities bypass existing solutions. We build that knowledge into our email security solution, and customers benefit by keeping pace with the adversaries.”
FireEye Email Security now incorporates significant recent advances in technologies such as deep learning, artificial intelligence, and analytics. For customers, this brings new cutting-edge functionality to combat threats, including:
- Impersonation Attack (such as CEO fraud) detection and prevention to protect organizations from the evolving category of advanced threats that bypass traditional security systems.
- Phishing Attack detection and prevention with machine learning and analytics engines to increase real-time detection of credential phishing and malicious websites.
- Deep Relationship Analysis to detect anomalous behavior patterns associated with non-malware threats and address suspicious traffic from compromised email accounts.
- Automated Alert Aggregation to group-related email threats and improve security operations center (SOC) analyst productivity.
- Retroactive Detection to minimize spread and accelerate response to a false negative alert if missed during initial analysis.
FireEye Email Security includes the FireEye Helix™ security operations platform, which integrates security tools and applies threat intelligence, automation, and case management to help organizations take control of incidents from alert to fix.
FireEye Email Security is available from authorized FireEye partners worldwide. For more information please see www.fireeye.com/email.
About FireEye, Inc.
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 6,600 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
© 2018 FireEye, Inc. All rights reserved. FireEye, Mandiant and Helix are registered trademarks or trademarks of FireEye, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.