CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OCC, the world’s largest equity derivatives clearing organization, today announced the election of three Class II Member Directors and two Class III Public Directors to its Board of Directors. In addition, Mr. Craig S. Donohue was re-elected as Executive Chairman of the Board. The vote took place during OCC’s annual stockholder meeting on April 11.
The following Directors were unanimously elected as Class II Member Directors:
- Thomas A. Frank, Executive Vice President/CIO, Interactive Brokers, LLC. Mr. Frank joined the OCC Board of Directors in 2015. His term expires in 2021.
- Stephen Luparello, General Counsel, Citadel Securities. Mr. Luparello joined the OCC Board of Directors in 2017. His term expires in 2021.
- Christine L. Show, Managing Director/Global Head of Listed Derivative Operations, SG Americas Securities, LLC. Ms. Show joined the OCC Board of Directors in 2014. Her term expires in 2021.
The following Directors were unanimously elected as Class III Public Directors:
- Thomas R. Cardello, Chief Executive Officer, Venice Financial Management, LLC. Mr. Cardello joined the OCC Board of Directors in 2015. His term expires in 2021.
- Alice Patricia White, retired economist. Ms. White joined the OCC Board of Directors in 2012. Her term expires in 2021.
"The election of these five knowledgeable experts from the financial services sector allows OCC to continue its transformation to a systemically important market influencer that ensures confidence in the financial markets and the broader economy," said Craig Donohue, OCC Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a Derivatives Clearing Organization. Named 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year - The Americas by FOW Magazine and 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year by Global Investor/ISF Magazine, OCC now provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms for options, financial futures, security futures, and securities lending transactions. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.