DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Market and Potential for CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
In 2018, more than 30 players participate in this market, from large multinational corporations to small, niche life sciences companies. Key players include Agilent, MilliporeSigma, GE Healthcare Dharmcon, GeneScript, Horizon Discovery Group, OriGene, ThermoFisher Scientific, Transposagen, and ToolGen. These companies develop and commercialize various products and services for each of the major gene editing technologies.
The nature of CRISPR's complex technology requires partnerships between the developers of the technology and the healthcare concerns with distribution strength and a broader product base. These developments are outlined in the report.
Currently, one of the more significant factors in commercializing CRISPR/Cas9 as a viable therapeutic tool is the current legal battles surrounding the technology. The issue started when both the University of California, Berkeley (UCB) and the Broad Institute of MIT (the Broad) both filed patents related to this technology. While there's been some resolution, the report provides an analysis of developments.
- Market Size and Forecast for CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing, 2017-2023
- The Market for CRISPR/Cas9 by Region (N. Amer. EU, ROW), 2017-2023 Analysis of Growth Trend by Region
- Market by Application (Cancer Research, Non-Cancer Disease Research, Cancer Diagnostics, Infection Diagnostics, Plant, Food, Biofuel, Drug Discovery, Drug Development, Other)
- Growth Trend, U.S.
- Growth Trend, Outside U.S.
- Market by End User (Hospitals, University, Medical Research Institute, Government), 2017
- Market by End User (Hospitals, University, Medical Research Institute, Government), 2023
- Recent Technology and Market Developments and Medical Studies
- Partnerships Involving CRISPR Gene Editing
- Allergan plc
- Bioverativ Inc.
- BlueBird Biotechnologies
- CRISPR Therapeutic
- Caribou Biosciences, Inc.
- Casebia Therapeutics
- Cellectis, Inc.
- CureVac AG
- Editas Medicine
- Exonics Therapeutics
- Homology Medicines
- Intellia Therapeutics
- Juno Therapeutics
- Neon Therapeutics
- Pfizer Inc.
- Poseida Therapeutics
- Precision Biosciences
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Sarepta Therapeutics
- Seattle Children's Research
- Shire International
- The Innovative Genomics Initiative
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Twist Bioscience, Desktop Genetics
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. CRISPR Products and Trends
3. Gene Editing Market Analysis
4. Gene Editing Partnerships
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nbwptm/crisprcas9_gene?w=4