DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Project Insight - Port Construction Projects: Middle East and Africa" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report provides analysis based on projects showing total project values for the Middle East and Africa and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries. The top 50 projects are listed for the region giving country, stage, value of port construction. Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector are also provided, showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners. Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries, including Mozambique, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
MEA port construction projects are currently valued at US$122.6 billion; of this, US$62.5 billion is in the execution stage.
Mozambique accounts for the highest value with US$12.1 billion, followed by Saudi Arabia with projects valuing US$10.1 billion. Kuwait and Iraq follow with port construction projects with a value of US$9.0 billion and US$8.0 billion respectively. Kuwait is responsible for the highest value project in the region: the US$9.0 billion Mubarak-Al-Kabeer Port Development, followed by the US$8.0 billion Basra Grand Faw Port Development in Iraq.
- The total pipeline of projects is valued at US$122.6 billion with US$16.1 billion being spent in 2018 and US$23.7 billion in 2019.
- The highest value of projects are at the execution stage with a total value of US$62.5 billion, followed by projects in pre-execution with US$28.1 billion.
- Projects in the planning stage amount to US$18.8 billion, while those at the pre-planning stage total US$13.2 billion.
- Assuming all projects proceed as planned, spending will reach US$23.7 billion in 2019 and fall to US$6.6 billion in 2022. The highest value of project completions will be in 2021, with a value of US$25.1 billion.
- The top contractor in the region is China Communications Construction Co Ltd (CCCC) based in China and Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd based in South Korea. The top engineer is Marine Core & Charter and Technital SpA both based in the US.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mhx34x/middle_east_and?w=4