DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Project Insight - Port Construction Projects: The Americas" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Port construction projects in the Americas is approximately US$98.1 billion; of this, US$34.9 billion is in the planning stage.
The US, the region's largest economy, accounts for the highest value with US$27.9 billion, followed by Brazil with projects valuing US$26 billion. Mexico and Canada follow with port construction projects with a value of US$9.3 billion and US$5.9 billion respectively. The US is responsible for the highest value project in the Americas: the US$10 billion Louisiana International Gulf Transfer Terminal and has three projects in the top five by value.
The report provides analysis based on projects showing total project values for the Americas and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries. The top 50 projects are listed for the region giving country, stage, value of port construction. Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector are also provided, showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners. Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries, including the US, Brazil and Mexico.
- The total pipeline of projects is valued at US$98.1 billion with US$11.2 billion being spent in 2018 and US$23.9 billion in 2019.
- The highest value of projects are at the planning stage with a total value of US$34.9 billion, followed by projects in execution with US$32.8 billion.
- Projects in the pre-planning stage amount to US$19.5 billion, while those at the pre-execution stage total US$10.0 billion.
- Assuming all projects proceed as planned, spending will reach US$92.7 billion in 2019 and fall to US$32.4 billion in 2022. The highest value of project completions will be in 2021, with a value of US$25.8 billion.
- The top contractor in the region is Tradeco Infraestructura Sucursal of Colombia and Yikanomi General Contractors SAC, Ltd based in Peru. The top engineer is Bechtel Corporation and Waldemar S. Nelson and Company Inc. both based in the US.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hhdnqw/the_americas_port?w=4