DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Agricultural Microbials Market by Type, Crop Type, Mode of Application, Formulation, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The agricultural microbials market is projected to reach USD 6.01 billion by 2022, from USD 3.09 billion in 2017, at a CAGR of 14.21%.
The agricultural microbials market is projected to grow at an exponential rate due to factors such as the rise in demand for sustainable agricultural practices, favorable government regulations, increase in demand for high-value crops, and rise in the number of investments from key players in this market. The major factors restraining the growth of agricultural microbials are the shorter shelf-life, field persistence, and storage conditions of microbial pesticides.
The market for the use of agricultural microbials in fruit & vegetable cultivation is estimated to dominate the global market in 2017. The global production of fruits and vegetables has increased and so has the stringency of regulations pertaining to pesticide residue on the food. Also, standard agricultural practices have been set for the produce to qualify for better price grades, which includes better quality with respect to size, color, and sugar content; prevention of fruit drops; and enhanced ripening. The use of agricultural microbials results in an increase in fruit size, early growth, better shelf-life, higher yield, reduced pest infestation, and improved antioxidant activity. Thus, agricultural microbials help in compliance with the domestic regulations, export standards, and improve the salability of the product.
The global market for agricultural microbials is dominated by large players such as BASF (Germany), Bayer (Germany), Monsanto BioAg (US), BioWorks (US), DowDuPont (US), Syngenta (Switzerland), and Certis (US). Some emerging players in the agricultural microbials market include Marrone Bio Innovations (US), Koppert (Netherlands), Arysta LifeScience (US), Valent BioSciences (US), and Isagro (Italy).
- Rising Adoption of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Practices Across the Globe
- Reduced Development Cost for Microbials in Comparison to Conventional Chemical Pesticides
- Target Specificity Associated With Microbial Pesticides
- Rising Number of Organic Farming Practices and Increasing Demand for Residue-Free Crop Protection Products
- Shorter Shelf Life, Field Persistence, and Storage Conditions of Microbial Pesticides
- Higher Application Costs and Low Adoption Rate of Microbials
- Significant Developments in the Seed Treatment Segment
- Large-Scale Investments in R&D By Major Players for the Development of New Products
- Unorganized Market and Availability of Counterfeit Products in Emerging Markets
- Regulatory Barriers
Key Topics Covered
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Agricultural Microbials Market, by Type
7 Agricultural Microbials Market, by Function
8 Agricultural Microbials Market, by Crop Type
9 Agricultural Microbials Market, by Mode of Application
10 Agricultural Microbials Market, by Formulation
11 Agricultural Microbials Market, by Region
12 Competitive Landscape
13 Company Profiles
- Arysta Lifescience Corporation
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Bioworks, Inc.
- Certis USA LLC
- Isagro S.P.A.
- Koppert B.V.
- Marrone Bio Innovations
- Monsanto Bioag Alliance
- Valent Biosciences LLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v73wfx/global?w=4