CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, will host the latest State of the Science Summit™ on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of multiple myeloma, and myeloproliferative neoplasm. This summit will take place on April 18 at The Langham in Pasadena, California at 6 p.m. and will be chaired by Amrita Krishnan, M.D., director, Judy and Bernard Briskin Center for Multiple Myeloma, director, multiple myeloma program, associate director, medical education and training, department of hematology and hematopoietic cell transplantation, and professor, department of hematology and hematopoietic cell transplantation, City of Hope Cancer Center, Duarte California.
The summit features an engaging and educational agenda that discusses the latest scientific and clinical developments in multiple myeloma. The featured presenters will delve into pressing topics including the role of cytogenetics and sequencing in multiple myeloma, management of newly diagnosed multiple myeloma, managing relapsed/refractory disease in multiple myeloma and new drugs in amyloidosis. Presenters will also partake in a peer exchange discussion and address audience questions.
Presenters for the summit are:
- Myo Htut, M.D., assistant clinical professor of hematology and hematopoietic cell transplantation, hematologist/ oncologist, City of Hope Cancer Center
- Nitya Nathwani, M.D., assistant clinical professor of hematology and hematopoietic cell transplantation, hematologist/oncologist, City of Hope Cancer Center
- Michael A. Rosenzweig, M.D., M.S., assistant clinical professor of hematology and hematopoietic cell transplantation, hematologist/oncologist, City of Hope Cancer Center
- David S. Snyder, M.D., associate chair, department of hematology and hematopoietic cell transplantation, professor of hematology and hematopoietic cell transplantation, hematologist/oncologist, City of Hope Cancer Center
- Saad Z. Usmani, M.D., FACP, chief, plasma cell disorders program, director, clinical research in hematologic malignancies, Levine Cancer Institute/ Carolinas HealthCare System, clinical professor of medicine, UNC-Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- Jeffrey Wolf, M.D., clinical professor, department of medicine, University of California San Francisco, director, myeloma program, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® that features medical experts from across the nation. Aiming to discuss current treatment options, each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals from across key disciplines that range from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Allison Cooper at ACooper@curetoday.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for MJH Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.