DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Infusion Pump Market by Product, Application, End User - Global Forecast to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The infusion pumps market is expected to reach US$15.89 billion by 2023 from US$11.90 billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 6%.
The overall growth of the infusion pumps market is largely driven by the increasing incidence of chronic diseases, along with rapid growth in the geriatric population, rising demand for ambulatory infusion pumps, and the growing volume of surgical procedures performed. In addition, untapped, emerging markets such as India and China, and the growing adoption of specialty infusion pumps are offering significant growth opportunities for players operating in the infusion pumps market. However, the increasing incidence of medication errors and lack of wireless connectivity in most hospitals represents a significant challenge to market growth.
Based on product, the market has been segmented into devices (volumetric infusion pumps, insulin infusion pumps, enteral infusion pumps, ambulatory infusion pumps, syringe infusion pumps, PCA infusion pumps, and implantable infusion pumps) and accessories/consumables. The insulin infusion pumps segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the insulin pumps segment can be primarily attributed to the increasing prevalence of diabetes, coupled with the growing demand for management of insulin at home.
The players competing in this market are Becton, Dickinson and Company (US), Baxter (US), ICU Medical (US), B. Braun (Germany), Fresenius Kabi (Germany), Medtronic (Ireland), Smiths Medical (US), Terumo Corporation (Japan), Moog (US), Roche Diagnostics (Switzerland), Halyard Health (US), Mindray Medical (China), Micrel Medical Devices SA (Greece), and Insulet Corporation (US).
- Rising Demand for Ambulatory Infusion Pumps
- Increasing Incidence of Chronic Diseases Along With the Rapid Growth in the Geriatric Population
- Growing Number of Surgical Procedures Performed
- Frequent Product Recalls of Infusion Pumps
- Stringent Regulatory Requirements for New Products
- Increasing Adoption of Refurbished and Rental Infusion Pumps
- Emerging Markets
- Growing Adoption of Specialty Infusion Systems
- Increasing Incidence of Medication Errors and Lack of Wireless Connectivity in Most Hospitals
Key Topics Covered
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Industry Insights
7 Regulatory Analysis
8 Infusion Pump Market, by Product
9 Infusion Pump Market, by Application
10 Infusion Pump Market, by End User
11 Global Infusion Pump Market, by Region
12 Competitive Landscape
13 Company Profiles
- B. Braun Melsungen
- Baxter International
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Fresenius Kabi
- Halyard Health
- ICU Medical
- Insulet Corporation
- Micrel Medical Devices
- Mindray Medical International Limited
- Moog Inc. (Moog)
- Roche Diagnostics (A Division of F. Hoffmann-LA Roche Ltd.)
- Smiths Medical (A Division of Smiths Group PLC)
- Terumo Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vnbk2f/global_infusion?w=4