DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Department Stores & Other General Merchandise Stores Market Global Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market.
Innovations in automation technology are on the rise and retail stores are increasingly using in-store automation to streamline retail shopping. American retailer Lowe's has installed multi-lingual, autonomous customer assistance robots in 11 locations in San Francisco Bay area. Retailers are also focusing on using self-checkout stands for customers. Walmart has patented a system of self-driving shopping carts.
Western Europe was the largest region in the department stores & other general merchandise stores market in 2017, accounting for around 30% of the market. This can be attributed to the region's developed economy, high private investment, and large demand for high-end FMCG products. Asia Pacific was the second largest region accounting for around 24% of the market. Middle East was the smallest region accounting for around 4% of the market. This was mainly because the Middle East is economically the smallest region.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the department stores & other general merchandise stores market revenues, covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
- Market segmentations break down the key sub sectors which make up the market. The regional breakdowns section gives the size of the market geographically.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in the last three years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the department stores & other general merchandise stores market and suggests approaches.
- Markets Covered: Department Stores, and Other General Merchandise Stores.
- Time Series: Five years historic (2013-17) and forecast (2017-21).
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/98hxw9/global_department?w=4