SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As drought remains an urgent concern throughout India, CustomWeather, Inc., a specialized provider of high resolution weather forecast and alert services, is experiencing a rapid increase in demand for weather data for India’s agriculture community. CustomWeather provides the agriculture industry with the ability to integrate and track critical data such as total rain, number of rainy days, days with temperatures above a certain threshold, and comparisons to other seasons.
CustomWeather offers a variety of forecast services and analysis that are well-suited to the needs of farmers to minimize risk and to plan efficiently:
- Customized global alerts and advisories, including pest and disease alerts
- High resolution short-term and 9-months-out seasonal forecasting data for individual farms as well as entire regions
- Detailed soil moisture and soil temperature (forecasts and analysis)
- Detailed precipitation products including alerts for floods, wind, ice and snow
- Historical data that empowers clients to run analytics for planting, growing and crop yield
- Temperatures mapped at extremely high resolutions across individual farms to determine heat-susceptibility, etc.
CustomWeather also offers NDVI (normalized difference vegetation index) data, which is GIS-based, providing for points, areas, and offers zonal stats by crop areas. Other services include LIS (land information system) and satellite-derived precipitation. LIS data is delivered at 15 km resolution and soil moisture is provided for 4 different levels.
Other agricultural weather products delivered by CustomWeather include:
- Historical data to develop averages, variability, or range statistics; these are provided in formats that are consistent with current and forecast methods
- Parameters for season-to-date that can be summarized and compared to typical and/or reference seasons
- Maps and charts for any parameter or derived parameter such as total rainfall, percentage of normal rainfall, and days of rainfall
- Season-to-date growing degree days with comparisons to typical or other seasons. Charts are available for any variable and can include counts of above- or below-normal thresholds
For India and Pan-Asia Sales:
About CustomWeather, Inc.
CustomWeather is a San Francisco-based provider of high resolution weather forecast and alert services. CustomWeather generates granular weather forecasts for over 200 countries worldwide, providing sophisticated weather services to leading companies in numerous industries including Insurance, Agriculture, Utilities, Oil and Gas, Offshore Drilling and Exploration, Transportation, Mobile, and Media. For more information, visit www.CustomWeather.com.