DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Construction
Market Global Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's
This report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market.
The global construction market was estimated to be around $17,140 billion as of 2017. The segments in the construction market include construction of buildings, heavy and civil engineering construction and specialty trade contractors construction.
Construction companies are increasingly using autonomous construction vehicles and heavy equipment to improve productivity. These automated vehicles are equipped with sensors, cameras and GPS. Real-time data obtained from these devices helps in remote monitoring of jobsite and reduces construction time. Vehicles connected through IoT, telematics and RFID tracking technologies are also helping the construction industry to be more collaborative, efficient and safe. Leading manufacturers such as Komatsu, Caterpillar and Volvo CE are continuously releasing new models of autonomous, semi-autonomous and remote controlled excavators and other heavy equipment. Royal Truck & Equipment is pilot testing with Florida DOT for self-driving crash trucks for work zones.
- Markets Covered: Building Construction, Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction, Specialty Trade Contractors Construction.
- Time Series: Five years historic (2013-17) and forecast (2017-21).
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- China State Construction Engineering Co. Ltd.
- China Railway Group Ltd.
- China Railway Construction Corporation Limited
- China Communications Construction Group Ltd.
- Vinci SA
- Power Construction Corp. of China
- Bechtel Corporation
- Grupo ACS
- Bouygues SA
- Skanska Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n52ph8/global?w=4