DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Composites in Automotive Applications: Global Markets to 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report analyzes the current and projected market for the major types of plastic composites used in automotive applications, with particular emphasis on carbon fiber composites. This report covers technological, economic, and business conditions as they relate to automotive composites and their applications. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers' total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant US dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
- 32 data tables and 14 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for composites in automotive applications
- Analyses of U.S. as well as international market trends with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of CAGRs through 2022
- Coverage of reinforced plastics using mostly carbon fibers for strength with a wide array of resins
- A look at exterior steel structures, such as body panels, roofs, exterior doors, wheels, fenders, and other exterior parts
- Analyses of the interest in replacing steel with composite resins; the need to reduce the weight of autos to meet the 2025 strict government standard of about 55 mpg
- Thermoplastics to be used, including ABS, nylon, polyacetals, polypropylene, PVC, polycarbonates, and polyacrylates, among others, as well as polyurethanes
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Albany Engineered Composites, DSM Engineering Plastics North America, Evonik Degussa GmbH, Mitsubishi Chemical Corp., and Toray Industries Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Summary and Highlights
3 Market and Technology Background
4 Special Types of Reinforced Polymer Composite
5 Competing Materials
6 Market Breakdown by Type of Composite
7 Market Breakdown by End Use
8 Market Breakdown by Application
9 Market Breakdown by Region
10 Public Policy Dimensions of Composites and Other Lightweight Materials
11 Patent Review/Recent Developments
12 Company Profiles
13 Appendix A: Trade Associations, Conferences and Meetings
14 Appendix B: Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Advanced Carbon Technologies Inc.
- Advanced Composites Inc.
- Continental Structural Plastics
- Cook Composites And Polymers (Cpp)
- Core Molding Technologies
- Cytec Corp.
- Dsm Engineering Plastics North America
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours And Co.
- Evonik Degussa Gmbh
- Ferro Corp.
- Frontier Carbon Corp.
- General Motors Corp.
- Glasforms Inc.
- Grupo Antolin Ingenieria S.A
- Hexcel Corp.
- Hexion Inc.
- Honeywell Intl. Inc.
- Inmat Llc
- Interplastic Corp.
- Johns Manville
- Kringlan Composites Ag
- Meridian Lightweight Technologies
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.
- Morgan Advanced Materials And Technology
- Nippon Graphite Fiber Corp.
- Noble Polymers
- Plasan Carbon Composites
- Quantum Composites
- Reichhold Chemical
- Royal Tencate Corporate Emea
- Scott Bader Company Ltd.
- SGL Carbon Group
- Unitika Ltd.
- Zoltek Companies Inc.
- Zyvex Technologies Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/22nlqn/global_automotive?w=4