BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and independent game developer, IO Interactive, today announced a worldwide publishing and distribution agreement for the acclaimed international video game, HITMAN™. As part of this agreement, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will publish the HITMAN™: Definitive Edition, which will be available in retail stores for PlayStation®4 Pro computer entertainment system, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One X and Xbox One beginning May 15, 2018.
The HITMAN: Definitive Edition will feature new in-game disguises for Agent 47 inspired by classic IO Interactive titles – Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas – celebrating the Danish studio’s 20th anniversary, in addition to all previously released content* and game updates from the first season of HITMAN.
“We’re very excited to be working with IO Interactive, a talented studio with a long-standing legacy creating the iconic HITMAN games,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The passionate, global HITMAN community has embraced the recent return of the series, and we’re thrilled to bring the HITMAN: Definitive Edition to fans and new players next month.”
“We’re super excited to be working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on HITMAN and together releasing the HITMAN: Definitive Edition to new players,” said Hakan Abrak, CEO IO Interactive. “Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we’re good at, making games.”
The HITMAN: Definitive Edition will include the following content:
- IO Interactive’s 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- HITMAN Season One (Main Game) – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- HITMAN Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year Edition digital release
- HITMAN Summer Bonus Episode – Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- HITMAN: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN Season One and the HITMAN Game of the Year Edition
Please note that a portion of add-on content is not pre-loaded on the HITMAN: Definitive Edition disc and requires an internet connection. Additional content is approximately 12-24GB depending on platform.
*Elusive Targets that have already run and ended may not be available again as these are time limited events.
To learn more about the HITMAN: Definitive Edition, please visit www.hitman.com or join the HITMAN conversation on Twitter (@Hitman), Facebook (@Hitman.US), Instagram (@Hitman_Official), YouTube (Hitman) and Twitch (Hitman).
About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc., is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.
About IO Interactive
IO Interactive is the creative force behind some of the most talked-about multiplatform videogames to emerge in the last decade. Starting with the groundbreaking and award-winning Hitman series, IO Interactive has since developed the cult classic “Freedom Fighters”, the controversial “Kane & Lynch" series and the adorable "Mini-Ninjas". Dedication to creating original IP and unforgettable characters and experiences are the hallmarks of IO Interactive.
HITMAN™ © 2018 IO Interactive A/S. Published by IO Interactive A/S. IO Interactive, the IOI logo, HITMAN™, the HITMAN™ logo, and WORLD OF ASSASSINATION are trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or exclusively licensed to IO Interactive A/S. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Published and Distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.