LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CommonWealth Partners LLC, a national real estate investment, development and management firm, has received the 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for reducing energy use, building operating costs and carbon emissions across its entire office portfolio. CommonWealth Partners owns the portfolio in joint venture with the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and operates Class A office assets in major markets across the U.S. The award winners are chosen from nearly 20,000 partner participants in the ENERGY STAR program.
“This award truly belongs to our entire team who are dedicated and tireless in their efforts to achieve superior energy efficiencies at our properties,” said Travis Addison, Executive Vice President, CommonWealth Partners. “We are ardent advocates for sustainable building operations because they allow our tenants to enjoy healthier workplaces and reduced costs while also achieving superior results for our investors. Equally important for all of us, we are contributing toward healthier communities for future generations.”
CommonWealth Partners’ major sustainability accomplishments in 2017 that earned the ENERGY STAR Award include:
- Reducing energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions by 20%, well before its 2020 target date
- Cutting energy use across the portfolio by 2,745 megawatt hours while simultaneously increasing occupancy
- Earning the ENERGY STAR label for 80% of the CalPERS/CommonWealth Partners’ portfolio
- Earning an average ENERGY STAR score of 88 on the benchmarked properties
- Achieving LEED Certification for 99.5% of the portfolio including three Platinum and 10 Gold certifications
- Reducing annual CO2 emissions by 2,252 tons, equivalent to removing 437 passenger vehicles from the road for one year
- Establishing an award-winning tenant engagement campaign
“The 2018 ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year have demonstrated real leadership, showing how American families and businesses can save energy, save money and reduce air emissions,” said Bill Wehrum, EPA Assistant Administrator for Air and Radiation.
CommonWealth Partners stood out among many highly competitive submissions this year, demonstrating exemplary commitment and dedication to leadership in energy efficiency and the ENERGY STAR program, according to the EPA in its letter announcing the award.
Award winners will be recognized at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., on April 20.
Addison points out that the EPA’s ENERGY STAR platform helped CommonWealth Partners to identify important reductions in energy use and provided key performance measurement tools.
About CommonWealth Partners
CommonWealth Partners LLC is a vertically integrated, privately owned real estate investment, development and management organization with assets located throughout the United States, including New York, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles. The company offers a wide array of services including investment and capital market transactions, portfolio management, asset management, property management, marketing, leasing, development and reporting with a sharp focus on its tenants and investors.