NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Join hospital cybersecurity expert and Chief Executive Officer of Clearwater Compliance, Bob Chaput, as he moderates an International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE) webinar highlighting the importance of captives as a potential alternative source of funding for cybersecurity risk mitigation initiatives.
- WHAT: Cyber Risk, Patient Safety and Captives
- WHEN: April 9, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. EDT
- WHERE: Register HERE
- WHO: Panelists Mark Reynolds, president and CEO of Risk Management Foundation Harvard University and Chet Porembski, deputy general counsel, OhioHealth Corporation, will discuss connecting patient safety with cyber risks.
- WHY: The current risk environment for health systems is changing quickly and includes a wide spectrum of threats ranging from traditional intrusions designed to steal protected health information (PHI) to more novel and emerging attacks, such as tampering with biomedical devices or blocking access to essential records systems. The changing threat environment is blurring the lines between information security and patient safety and is requiring each discipline to expand its scope.
The webinar will address how:
- Cyber and privacy risks are bleeding into medical professional liability risks
- The captive may serve as a potential alternative source of funding for cybersecurity risk mitigation initiatives
- A health systems risk management approach can be enhanced to better protect patients against new cybersecurity-related threats to patient safety
- A comprehensive, integrated approach can be adopted for managing security, safety, privacy, and risk related to patient information
About Clearwater Compliance
Clearwater Compliance, LLC is a leading provider of hospital and health system compliance and cyber risk management solutions. Its mission is to empower hospitals and health systems to successfully manage healthcare’s evolving cybersecurity risks and ensure patient safety. Exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association, Clearwater solutions have been deployed within hundreds of hospitals and health systems, Fortune 100 organizations and federal government institutions. More information about Clearwater Compliance is at www.clearwatercompliance.com.