DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Digitalizing The Construction Industry With Additive Manufacturing: An Opportunity Analysis And Ten-year Forecast" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The construction industry could represent as large an opportunity for additive manufacturing as the entire industrial and medical manufacturing industries combined. While the technology is still young, billion-dollar deals have already been signed, bringing these technologies intro futuristic construction projects worldwide. As the technologies progress and the industry rapidly expands, some of the largest construction groups are already investing to secure know-how and advance the development of new materials and processes.
Digital systems and additive manufacturing have already been widely implemented in the AEC industry, for A, Architecture (design and physical modeling), and E, Engineering (design, development and prototyping). This solid foundation will help to accelerate adoption as the tools for implementing digital, additive manufacturing in the C, Construction, element of the AEC market become increasingly available.
Early case studies, described in this report, clearly outline the advantages in terms of cost-effectiveness and efficiency that derive from implementing automated and digital, additive construction practices in a field which has until now remained tied to highly inefficient, labor-intensive approaches. The expected rapidly growing hardware demand represents an opportunity for both AM hardware manufacturers as well as construction market operators that gain a competitive advantage by rapidly establishing additive manufacturing capabilities.
This first ever dedicated study accurately describes the possibilities and analyzes the enormous transformative potential of 3D printing within the construction industry. The research covers not only the giant global housing market (and rising demand) but also the potential for infrastructural and artistic/archeological applications as significant revenue opportunities.
- Ten-year construction 3D printing opportunity and market data forecasts in volume and value terms. These cover hardware/software, materials, services/applications.
- Market trends to include key metrics at a geographical level, better capturing the cultural attitudes towards advanced digital construction and approaches to implementation.
- Analysis and description of all major system OEM's currently offering (or developing) construction AM hardware and relative technologies.
- A detailed description of the most significant AM construction projects completed to date and their implications in terms of defining the advantages deriving from implementing digital additive manufacturing processes in construction.
- The latest trailing five years activity and competitive analysis to reflect the rapidly evolving landscape in which major global construction operators are now interfacing directly with printer manufacturers, materials companies, and solutions developers.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter One: Digitalizing the C in AEC
Chapter Two: Construction 3D Printing Technologies and Hardware
Chapter Three: Construction 3D Printing Software and Materials
Chapter Four: Applications of Construction 3D Printing, from Archeology to Space Colonies
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vwd42r/digitalizing_the?w=4