NAPLES, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ASG Technologies, the trusted provider of proven solutions for information access, management and control for the world’s top enterprises, today unveiled Mobius 8.0. Mobius 8.0 provides an intelligent information management solution that delivers content services with a granular policy management foundation to digitally transform enterprise content and data according to corporate polices and regulatory compliance. This latest release of Mobius gives organizations the ability to apply policies to corporate information to manage the variety and velocity of enterprise content – regardless of format – with accuracy and reliability at web-scale volumes. Mobius deploys in public and private clouds, on-premises and hybrid computing environments, meeting a diverse set of information-driven business use cases and digital transformation projects.
With the explosion of today’s digital organization, businesses are generating more data than ever and require access to a set of web services for capturing, describing, delivering and governing content through a standard documented RESTful API. This is a challenge given the complicated array of new and legacy platforms on which modern organizations run – especially given the rise of mobile workers and the complexities of industry regulation. As a result, users are too often faced with time-intensive information management processes that detract from their time spent innovating and delivering value to the business.
To meet those demands, Mobius 8.0 provides organizations with the ability to federate and/or migrate any content type from any redundant ECM application regardless of size, format, volume or platform. Lines of business can systematically rationalize enterprise content, reduce content sprawl, retire costly and outdated legacy content repositories, and better leverage modern content applications. The result is improved operational performance, increased system effectiveness, improved overall profitability and greater assurance that information is managed to be secure and compliant with regulations and internal governance standards.
Mobius 8.0 content services include:
- Web Services (Interoperability): Provides REST APIs, content management interoperability services and reusable web components enabling a unified approach to search, view and access content throughout a global enterprise.
- Enhanced Cloud Performance: To demonstrate our web scalable architecture, ASG took on the challenge of the One Billion Document Benchmark and demonstrated our superior ingestion metrics showing Mobius 8.0 completing the task 3 times faster and with 50% less hardware than our competition.
- Federated Search: Unified approach to access content in redundant repositories from a common search facility. Full-text search across repositories (including Unicode and double-byte support and multiple languages) provides a single, logical access point to content across the enterprise delivered seamlessly to the end user or application.
- Security & Compliance: Delivers encryption at rest, redaction of personally identifiable and sensitive personal data based on defined policies, and event-based records management across the entire Mobius deployment and federated content repositories.
- Centralized Management: Delivers administration assistance through a single view to monitor, audit and track how business information is acquired, accessed, updated and used over the course of its life cycle.
- Capture & Ingestion: Provides the ability to ingest, parse and archive petabytes of data at web-scale loads, selectively index information for full-text search and deliver faster throughput for high-volume processing.
- Storage: Enables multi-tier storage policies that automate the placement, movement and management of content across on-premises, hybrid and cloud environments including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
“The new features in Mobius 8.0 underscore ASG’s leadership in the content services industry, which is a key reason we partner with them,” said Ryan McVeigh, managing partner at Zia Consulting. “As the content needs of organizations evolve, Mobius will continue to be at the forefront of innovation delivering key capabilities – including unmatched flexibility and security to enterprise customers.”
“Mobius continues to be a pillar of ASG’s powerful suite of enterprise software. As the volume of content created and gathered by organizations reaches monumental levels, modern businesses need a solution that can ensure content is managed correctly and at scale,” said Swamy Viswanathan, executive vice president and chief product officer, ASG Technologies. “Mobius is able to meet these needs, enhancing both compliance processes and enriched business decisions – ultimately enabling organizations to act more nimbly and efficiently regardless of how it is deployed.”
Additional features in Mobius 8.0 include:
- Audio and Video Streaming: Reliably stream audio and video content through Mobius View 8.0 and the REST API enabling anytime, anywhere access to rich content without the need for special end user applications to view.
- Complete REST API Library: Expands current capabilities by offering a software development kit (SDK) for content ingestion and access, a comprehensive set of API samples for partners, and updated discovery, configuration, archive and index update micro-services.
- SharePoint Integration: Provides complete support for SharePoint Office 365, SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2013, and enables seamless federated searching for SharePoint content directly from Mobius View.
- New Look: Delivers a modern interface with a common look and feel across all ASG solutions to create web components for building web applications and API services.
Learn more about Mobius by visiting the web page.
About ASG Technologies
ASG Technologies Group, Inc. brings peace of mind to every enterprise with information access, management and control for our customers. These solutions empower businesses to enhance workforce productivity, gain an accurate and timely understanding of the information that underpins business decisions and address compliance needs with improved visibility of cross-platform data from legacy to leading edge environments. Global Fortune 500 companies trust ASG Technologies to optimize their IT investments. ASG Technologies is a global provider of technology solutions with more than 1,000 people supporting thousands of enterprise customers around the world. For more information, visit www.asg.com.