DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Disposable Medical Sensors Market by Product, by Placement of Sensor, by Application and by Geography - Global Market Size, Share, Development, Growth and Demand Forecast, 2013-2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global disposable medical sensors market size was valued at $4.5 billion in 2016. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.4% during the forecast period.
In terms of size, the growth of the market was led by the increasing adoption of biosensor products. Biosensors held the largest share of the global disposable medical sensors market in 2016 and is expected to lead the market in the coming years as well. This growth is mainly attributed to increasing prevalence of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, lucrative growth in point-of-care (POC) diagnostics, and rise in the demand for glucose-monitoring systems.
Sensor variants are classified as strip sensors, wearable sensors, implantable sensors, invasive sensors, and ingestible sensors, based on the placement of sensor. Technological advancements in sensors and focus on providing wireless patient monitoring and diagnostic imaging are the key factors marking the potential of ingestible sensors in the disposable medical sensors market. Therefore, the category is predicted to witness the fastest growth in demand, and is likely to grow at a CAGR of 22.1% during the forecast period.
Disposable medical sensors find application in diagnostic, therapeutic, patient monitoring, and imaging devices. Increase in the prevalence of diabetes has led to the adoption of diagnostic devices for blood glucose monitoring, resulting in their largest contribution in the disposable medical sensors market.
- Technological advancements
- Development of devices for home care
- Increasing prevalence of HAIs
- Demand for low cost medical equipment
- Increasing R&D investments
- Increasing prevalence of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
- Stringent regulations for medical devices
- Inadequate reimbursement policies in developing countries
- Collaboration and partnership for advanced disposable medical sensor development
- Development of the novel ingestible sensors
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Background
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
5. Global Market Size and Forecast
6. North America Market Size and Forecast
7. Europe Market Size and Forecast
8. Asia-Pacific Market Size and Forecast
9. Latin America Market Size and Forecast
10. Middle East & Africa (MEA) Market Size and Forecast
11. Competitive Landscape
12. Company Profiles
- General Electric Company
- Gentag, Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Medtronic Plc
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Sensirion AG
- Smiths Group plc
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qgsz6k/4_5_billion?w=4