OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This series of A.M.BestTV episodes highlights the future of blockchain technology and how it will better enable automation, customization and confidence in insurance transactions and operations. At its core, blockchain technology is a shared, immutable ledger for recording the history of transactions, and in the insurance ecosystem, holds the potential to greatly diminish or even eliminate redundancy, particularly around record keeping.
A.M. Best Senior Associate Editor John Weber sat down with a panel of experts to discuss blockchain applications in the insurance industry. The following related episodes are available for viewing:
- How Blockchain Will Link a New Insurance Value Chain: A look at how blockchain technology can streamline the customer experience and claims processes, as well as the data requirements and framework designs, such as a public versus a private blockchain, insurers need to consider before adopting the application: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=blockchain1318.
- Blockchain Works When Everyone Works Together: Due to the transparent nature of blockchain technology, its effectiveness requires collaboration, even on the part of competing companies. How insurers can build successful blockchain consortia is a key step going forward: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=blockchain2318.
- How Blockchain Is Set to Transform Insurance: While the impact of blockchain technology is being felt today, it is still very much in its infancy. Harnessing the value of this technology could give peer-to-peer or usage-based insurance platforms a significant boost: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=blockchain3318.
Appearing on the panel in these episodes is as follows:
- Christopher McDaniel, president, RiskBlock Alliance
- Nicole Bertucci, senior consultant, corporate strategy and research, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Snehal Desai, innovation director of advanced research, USAA
- Patrick Schmid, vice president, RiskBlock Alliance
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2018 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.