Delivery of video over IP is a crucial capability for every player in the content ecosystem. The growing volume of 4K and HDR content is driving an upgrade cycle, especially in developed markets where associated hardware - like 4K Smart TVs and Blu-ray Players - are gaining traction with customers. The transition from SDI to IP is driving the broadcast market as the future of video workflow to delivery is going to be IP. The IP transition is already on the agenda of most broadcasters as demand for more efficient workflows goes up.
Growth in the video server market has slowed down in the last 2-3 years with the integrated playout solutions cannibalizing the traditional video servers business to an extent. Price declines have also been a major contributing factor since the market has witnessed a 5-6% decline in prices on an average every year. Market concentration is on the rise in a fragmented space containing over 30 global vendors as the entrenched market leaders like Harmonic, Arris and Belden Grass Valley spend millions in M&A activity.
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecasts running up to 2023. The research highlights key trends impacting the global video servers market and outlines future implications.
Key Issues Addressed
- Will market growth slow down further as the industry matures over the long term, especially in the developed markets?
- Where does video server technology stand today? What are the primary challenges faced by vendors and new deployers in this market? What are the drivers and restraints for growth?
- How are existing competitors structured in the cable, telco, and broadcast segments? Are there too many competitors at present? Are they well positioned to meet current and future customer needs?
- Will there be further consolidation over the next 4 to 5 years? Will the market continue to be attractive for mergers and acquisitions?
- What are the revenue breakdowns for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific regions? Which are the fastest-growing regions?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. External Challenges-Drivers And Restraints: Total Video Servers Market
4. Forecast And Trends-Video Servers Market
5. Market Share And Competitive Analysis-Video Servers Market
6. Cable Video Servers Segment Breakdown
7. Telco Video Servers Segment Breakdown
8. Broadcast Video Servers Segment Breakdown
9. Growth Opportunities And Companies To Action
10. The Last Word
- 360 Systems
- Belden Grass Valley
- Ross Video
- XOR Media
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sdfmng/global_video?w=4