CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Healthcare is complicated, and talking about it demands more than a soundbite. With this in mind, The American Journal of Managed Care® has launched two podcast series:
- Managed Care Cast, featuring healthcare policy and clinical experts, as well as authors of current journal articles, and
- Not So Different, from The Center for Biosimilars®, featuring insights from stakeholders across this new landscape.
Recent popular podcasts in the two series include:
- Professionalism and Happiness in Medicine. In this podcast, Dr. Patricia Salber of The Doctor Weights In interviews Dr. Richard J. Baron, president and CEO of the American Board of Internal Medicine and the ABIM Foundation, about the what motivates physicians, the problem of burnout and social justice in healthcare.
- The Electronic Health Record Landscape: An Interview With Dr. Jacob Reider. This podcast coincided with publication of the annual Health Information Technology issue, for which Dr. Reider served as guest editor. Here, Dr. Reider, who is CEO for the Alliance for Better Health, discusses the benefits of electronic health records, their consequences and the movement toward interoperability.
- Creating a Vibrant Biosimilars Marketplace. The fourth episode of Not So Different features an interview with Juliana M. Reed, president of the Biosimilars Forum, a nonprofit working to raise awareness of biosimilars and offering developers opportunities to collaborate with stakeholders on relevant topics in the industry.
About The American Journal of Managed Care®:
The American Journal of Managed Care® (AJMC®) is a peer-reviewed, MEDLINE-indexed journal that keeps readers on the forefront of health policy by publishing research relevant to industry decision makers as they work to promote the efficient delivery of high-quality care. AJMC.com is the essential website for managed care professionals, distributing industry updates daily to leading stakeholders. Other titles in the AJMC® family include The American Journal of Accountable Care®, and two evidence-based series, Evidence-Based Oncology™ and Evidence-Based Diabetes Management™. These comprehensive offerings bring together stakeholder views from payers, providers, policymakers and other industry leaders in managed care. To order reprints of articles appearing in AJMC® publications, please contact Jeff Prescott at 609-716-7777, ext. 331.