According to analysis, the liquid biopsy market is projected to reach $8,730.4 million by 2024. The market is segmented based on the biomarkers, applications, sample type, end-users and geography.
Biomarkers market is divided into circulating tumor cells (CTC), cell-free DNA and Exosomes & Others, among which, the Cell-free DNA market commanded the largest share. The utilization of circulating tumor cell as an invaluable research tool is expected to propel this market at a strong CAGR.
The applications market is divided into oncology testing, prenatal (NIPT) testing and transplantation diagnostics where oncology testing dominates the application market which is followed by prenatal testing (NIPT), however, the rapid adoption of cfDNA based transplantation diagnostics testing is expected to drive this market at high double digit CAGR.
The oncology testing market is further divided based on type of cancer tested into breast cancer, colorectal cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, melanoma, ovarian cancer and others, where, breast cancer commanded largest share in 2017, lung cancer is projected to grow at highest CAGR from 2017 to 2024. The oncology testing market is further divided based on type of cancer care into early screening, companion diagnostics, prognosis and recurrence monitoring. The companion diagnostics monitoring market dominates the market in 2017, while early screening is expected to grow at strong CAGR.
The liquid biopsy sample market is divided into blood, urine and others where blood dominates the market in 2017 and is expected to maintain the position with strong CAGR growth from 2017 to 2024.
The end-users market is segmented into Hospitals and academic and research institutes. Hospitals attracted the largest revenue in 2017. The hospitals segment is expected to show strong CAGR growth from 2017 to 2027.
The liquid biopsy geographical market consists of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW, where, North America dominates the market in 2017 followed by Europe with Asia-Pacific market expected to show highest growth from 2017 to 2024.
Factors Influencing the Market
Drivers and Opportunities
- Rising Incidence of Cancer
- Increasing Preference for Blood/Urine Based Liquid Biopsy over Invasive Tissue Biopsy Procedures
- Rising Number of Late Pregnancies Leading to High Incidence Rate of Babies with Chromosomal Disorders
- Increasing Funding for Liquid Based Test Development
- Technological Advancements in Liquid Biopsy
- Agreements and Collaborations
- Increasing Number of Liquid Biopsy Test Launches
Restraints and Threats
- High Cost with Less Reimbursement Facilities
- Ethical Issues Related to Genetic Testing
- Lack of Skilled Healthcare Professionals
- Lack of Standardization of Liquid Biopsy Tests
- Regulatory Issues
Major Companies Mentioned
- BGI (BGI Diagnostics)
- Biocept, Inc.
- Caredx, Inc.
- Cynvenio Biosystems, Inc
- Eurofins Scientific Se (Lifecodexx)
- Exact Sciences Corporation
- Exosome Diagnostics, Inc
- Guardant Health, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- MDC Health
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Natera, Inc.
- Roche Holdings Ag
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8vwkv8/global_liquid?w=4