DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Asia-Pacific Online Payment Methods: Second Half 2017" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Asia-Pacific Online Payment Methods: Second Half 2017, among other findings, points to the rapid rise in popularity of payment by digital wallets throughout the Asia-Pacific region. The publication covers the payment preferences of shoppers in 10 nations of the vast Asia-Pacific area.
Third-party online and mobile wallets are growing in popularity in China and India and spreading through other countries of the region. Research cited in the report shows that Alipay, WeChat Pay, Paytm and similar services made up nearly half of online retail payments in the Asia-Pacific region. Traditional plastic card remains the leading payment method for B2C E-Commerce in Japan, South Korea and Australia, but now accounts for only a little over 25% of online sales in the region as the electronic methods used in emerging markets shift the shares.
Digital wallets are used not only in online shopping, but also increasingly in brick and mortar stores. While cash is still the leader in all retail shopping in Asia, electronic wallets are second, and share second place with plastic for in-store shopping, according to a survey summarized in the report.
Questions Answered in this Report
- How is the digital payments landscape evolving across Asia-Pacific?
- What were the market shares of the top payment methods in Asia-Pacific E-Commerce in 2017?
- How do online payment method preferences vary between 10 major markets of this region?
- What is the current state and prospects of mobile payments in Asia-Pacific?
- What are the leading mobile wallets in the countries of this region?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Global Developments
- Ant financial services
- China UnionPay
- Osaifu Keitai
- True Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pv7lmm/asiapacific?w=4