DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Transformers Category - Procurement Market Intelligence Report" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Procurement research report on the supply chain insurance market provides procurement professionals with up-to-date information about market shifts and potential risks, as well as in-depth knowledge of products and services. This report provides a detailed analysis of the supply market, procurement challenges, and procurement best practices which can help in planning and executing category management activities. It also focuses on the cost-saving aspects of procurement and on providing insights that can lead to optimization of category spend.
According to procurement analysts, governments in countries such as India and China are increasing their investments in electricity distribution projects to provide electrification to rural areas in their respective countries. Rapid growth of these economies has helped the governments of these countries to generate funds for these projects. For instance, the Government of India has allocated US$750 million for rural electrification between 2017 to 2018. This is leading to higher sales of transformers in these countries, as they are a key component of electricity distribution systems.
Step-down transformers are installed at several locations in an electricity distribution route to reduce the voltage from the initial voltage range to a voltage range suitable for home appliances. Moreover, the demand for UHVDC has also increased, wherein they are being installed to transmit electricity from power generation facilities to the nearest electricity grids. These increasing investments in electricity distribution projects in emerging economies are leading to the increase in demand for transformers, which is driving the global transformers market.
One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to shift from strategic sourcing to category management. Top electric utility companies are moving from strategic sourcing to category management, as it promises higher cost savings. Category management helps in selecting appropriate sourcing model. It also helps companies to develop a KPI-based cost savings process across the organization.
Some plans that can be implemented across the organization include the following:
- Creating cross-functional teams for improving sourcing process and consolidating requirements
- Aggregating demand for the product across the organization
- Including price and demand forecasting as a part of the procurement
- Sourcing data necessary for procurement from all relevant departments
Solutions can be categorized into:
- Power transformers: These transformers are big and used for high power transformation (greater than 33KV)
- Distribution transformer: Its used for the distribution of electricity at low voltage, less than 33KV in industrial and 440v-220v in domestic purpose. These generators are low efficiency at 50-70%, small size and easy in installation
- Measurement transformer: These transformers are used to measure electrical qualities like voltage, current as potential transformers and current transformers
- Protection transformers: These transformers are used in protection of predominantly electrical-based component/devices by high accuracy
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1: Category At A Glance
Part 2: Scope Of The Report
Part 3: Market Insights
Part 4: Supply Market Insights
Part 5: Pricing Insights
Part 6: Procurement Insights
Part 7: Top Five Suppliers
- Hyundai Heavy Industries
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sg32vd/global?w=4