DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "India Packaged (Retail) Yogurt Market Outlook 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
According to the report 'India Packaged Yogurt Market Outlook, 2023', India packaged/retail yogurt market has grown with 23% of CAGR approximately from the year 2011-12 to 2016-17.
It is segmented in to Spoonful yogurt and Drinkable Yogurt. Spoonful yogurt market is further divided into Plain/ Natural yogurt, Frozen yogurt and others(Greek Yogurt, shrikhand, probiotic yogurt, mishit doi) whereas Drinkable yogurt are divided in Lassi, Buttermilk and others (raita). GCMMF is the market leader in both the segment. Region-wise, North and South have constituted more than 65% in the year 2016-17. In the spoonful yogurt, Plain/Natural yogurt has dominance over frozen yogurt and other yogurt. In the drinkable yogurt, other type of drinkable yogurt is the least contributor at the end of review period.
Indian consumer especially the affluent urban consumer is consuming more value-added products like yogurt, which bring in bigger profits for dairy companies than raw milk. Though, the Indian cooperatives dairies has largely stick to basic milk, butter, processed cheese slices and ice cream for many decades, had left a gap in the market which were filled by new players with new product offerings.
Danone was among the first to introduce a series of frozen yogurts, but its innovations were quickly copied by his rivals, including Amul. Nestle has launched Greek yogurt, Nestle-a+ GREKYO which is a super concentrated yogurt, is a fledgling category in India and is stocked by premium retailers. As cold food supply chain is an obstacle in India, companies have innovated and created products with greater shelf lives. They have innovated products, such as smoothies, Buttermilk and Lassi, which are packaged in ultra-high temperature (UHT) packs. Thus all the value added products including yogurt will grow at colossal rate in India in future.
Market Trends & Developments
- Yogurt has become daily habit
- New products are the key factors contributing the market
- Product development are taking place continuously
- Greek & Probiotic Yogurt are new comers
- Shifting focus from raw milk to Value Added products
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Scope & Methodology
3. Investments in Indian Dairy Industry
4. Global Yogurt Market Outlook
5. India Yogurt Market Outlook
6. India Packaged/ Retail Yogurt Market Outlook
7. India Economic Profile
8. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
9. PEST Analysis
10. Trade Dynamics
11. Channel Partner Analysis
12. India Packaged/ Retail Yogurt Market Dynamics
13. Market Trends & Developments
14. Competitive Landscape
15. Strategic Recommendations
- Britannia Dairy Private Limited
- Danone Foods and Beverages India Private Limited
- Drums Food International Private Limited
- Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Limited
- Hatsun Agro Product Limited
- Heritage Foods Limited
- Karnataka Cooperative Milk Producers Federation
- Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Private Limited
- Nestle India Limited
- Parag Milk Foods Limited
- Prabhat Dairy Limited
- VRS Foods Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xng69k/india_packaged?w=4