India Yogurt market has witnessed growth rate around 17% from past six years from 2011-12 to 2016-17
Indian consumers are in transitional phase wherein they are shifting from unpackaged or lose Yogurt to packaged Yogurt. In this phase, Retail Yogurt makers and Yogurt service chains are helping Indians to move ahead and have healthy and tasty Yogurt replacing old practices. They are fighting with each to have lion's share in the overall Yogurt market in the country.
Its total Yogurt market is consist Organised and Unorganised Yogurt market wherein Unorganised Yogurt market dominates the Organised one. Organised Yogurt market is further segmented into Retail Yogurt Market and Yogurt Service Market. Retail Yogurt market is tracked by Yogurt service Chain market by holding around 95% market share.
Both the markets are divided in Spoonful Yogurt and Drinkable Yogurt in which Spoonful has bigger pie. In case of Retail Yogurt market, players like GCMMF, Mother Dairy, Nestle India and Parag Milk Foods have held more than 50% of the market. On the other side, Yogurt service chain market, Flavours24, Cocoberry, Red Mango has constituted 30% of the service chain market in the year 2016-17.
Players whether retail or service chain widening their portfolio of Yogurt to serve Indian consumers. Amul launched an all natural probiotic vitamins fortified flavored Yogurt under the brand name 'Flaavyo' in early 2011 with two flavours Mango and Strawberry. Following the trend Mother Dairy had also launched its Yogurt in Mango, Blueberry and Raspberry flavours. Parag Foods has introduced Go Yogurt with an Indian twist in four flavours Strawberry, Mango, Banana & Pineapple.
Recently it has highest flavour of Yogurt apart from above flavours namely Mixed Berry, Lychee, Guava, Vanilla and Kesar. The words Greek Yogurt' is most often associated with Epigamia, the first Greek Yogurt in India. It is manufactured and distributed by the Drum Food International. It is followed by Nestle In 2016 and Danone in 2017. Apart from these Giants Cooperative dairy (Paras dairy, Tirumala Milk Products, KMF) and regional players are also offering wide varieties of frozen Yogurt.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Scope & Methodology
3. Investments in Indian Dairy Industry
4. Global Yogurt Market Outlook
5. India Yogurt Market Outlook
6. India Packaged/ Retail Yogurt Market Outlook
7. India Yogurt Service Chain Market Outlook
8. India Economic Profile
9. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
10. PEST Analysis
11. Trade Dynamics
12. Channel Partner Analysis
13. India Yogurt Market Dynamics
14. Market Trends & Developments
15. Competitive Landscape
16. Strategic Recommendations
- Brand Calculus Franchising (India) Private Limited (Kiwi kiss)
- Britannia Dairy Private Limited
- Cocoberry Restaurants and Distributors Private Limited
- Danone Foods and Beverages India Private Limited
- Drums Food International Private Limited
- Fonterra India Private Limited
- Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Limited
- Hatsun Agro Product Limited
- Heritage Foods Limited
- Karnataka Cooperative Milk Producers Federation
- MOI Retail Private Limited
- Maez One Retail and Food Private Limited (Red Mango)
- Modern Cream Dairy Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Private Limited
- Nestle India Limited
- Parag Milk Foods Limited
- PepsiCo India Holdings Pvt. Ltd.
- Polo Foods QSR Private Limited
- Prabhat Dairy Limited
- Team24 Foods & Beverages Private Limited (Flavours24)
- Tirumala Milk Products Private Limited
- VRS Foods Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xjktdc/india_yogurt?w=4