DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Biologics
Global Market Report 2018 " report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's
North America was the largest geographic region in the Global Biologics market in 2017, accounting for $87.3 billion of the market. Western Europe was the second largest geographic market, accounting for $51 billion of the market. Asia Pacific was the third largest geographic market, accounting for $35.6 billion of the market. Eastern Europe accounted for $14 billion, while Middle East accounted for $13.1 billion of the Global Biologics market.
Biologics are being widely used to provide effective treatment for many complex diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, Crohn's disease that have limited treatment options. There has been a significant advance in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis patients who do not respond to traditional disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs.
The key biologics used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis include Abatacept (Orencia), Adalimumab (Humira), Anakinra (Kineret), Infliximab (Remicade), and Rituximab (Rituxan).
Key biologics used to treat psoriasis include Adalimumab (Humira), Etanercept (Enbrel), Infliximab (Remicade), Secukinumab (Cosentyx). Cimzia (certolizumab pegol), Humira (adalimumab), and Remicade (infliximab), Tysabri (natalizumab) are biologics that are used to treat Crohn's disease.
- Markets Covered: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical Drugs, Medical Equipment, and Biologics.
- Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP, Expenditure Per Capita, The Biologics Market Indicators Comparison.
- Data segmentations: Country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
- Bristol-Meyers Squib
- Hoffmann-La Roche Merck & Co.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pfizer Eli Lilly and Company F.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l9fbh4/2018_global?w=4