DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Obesity Surgery Devices Market by Procedure (Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Banding, BPD-DS, Non-Invasive Surgery), by Type, by Geography - Global Market Size, Share, Development, Growth and Demand Forecast, 2013-2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The boost in demand for the obesity surgery devices is due to various factors such as increasing prevalence of obesity leading to high demand for obesity surgeries, rising awareness about bariatric surgery in obese population, lifestyle changes leading to high risk of obesity, and technological advancements in the obesity surgery devices industry.
The different minimally invasive surgeries performed are sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, gastric banding, biliopancreatic diversion surgeries with a duodenal switch (BPD-DS) and several others. Sleeve gastrectomy surgery devices held the largest share in the obesity surgery devices market, since these surgeries result in more weight loss and have a low mortality rate, when compared to other alternative surgical procedures. The market for sleeve gastrectomy is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period at a CAGR of 13.2%.
Obesity surgery is performed using several devices that are available in the market including stapling devices, gastric bands, gastric balloons, gastric electric stimulators and several others. Stapling devices held the largest share of the global obesity surgery devices market in 2016, owing to their high application in almost all types of bariatric surgeries to staple the stomach and intestine parts.
Asia-Pacific is expected to observe the fastest growth in the obesity surgery devices market, due to increasing aging population, rising prevalence of obesity, and booming medical tourism in the region. According to the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), the number of people aged 65 years and above constituted approximately 11.4% of population in 2013, and the count is estimated to reach approximately 20% of the population, by 2050. As a result, an increase in the demand for devices for obesity surgery is expected to increase in the region.
In May 2016, Apollo Endosurgery, Inc., along with Zillion technologies Inc., announced the launch of ORBERA Coach platform that would provide telehealth monitoring of patients undergoing ORBERA Gastric Balloon procedure. ORBERA Coach is a telehealth aftercare program that allows patients to access exercise, nutrition, and other coaching resources via on demand interaction with registered dietitians trained on the ORBERA procedure during the 12 months following placement of the ORBERA gastric balloon. These developments are likely to add to the growth of the obesity surgery devices market.
- Increasing Demand for Less Invasive Procedures and Gastric Electrical Stimulation for Obesity Surgery
- Increasing Prevalence of Obesity Leading to High Demand for Obesity Surgeries
- Rising Awareness About Bariatric Surgery Among Obese Population
- Lifestyle Changes Leading to High Risk of Obesity
- Technological Advancements in the Obesity Surgery Devices Industry
- Impact Analysis of Drivers on Market Forecast
- High Cost of Obesity Surgery
- Risk of Infection and Other Complications Associated With Obesity Surgery
- Unsuitability of Obesity Surgery to Certain Patient Populations
- Impact Analysis of Restraints on Market Forecast
- Favorable Government Initiatives for Research Programs Aimed at Obesity Treatment
- Favorable Insurance Coverage for Treatment of Obesity
- Apollo Endosurgery, Inc.
- Cousin Biotech
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Medtronic PLC
- ReShape Lifesciences, Inc.
- Spatz FGIA Inc.
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ckmzlr/global_obesity?w=4